lutester

« on: 20 Mar 2023, 07:18 pm »
Hello, Everyone! The nice fellow that sold me my phono stage recommended that I join AC, so here I am. Been going down a different hi-fi road than the one I'd been taking for the past 40 years, or so. Sold off my Linn, CJ and Quad 63 set-up and went the idler, SPU, SET and 96dB sensitive full range single driver route. Quite pleased with the sound I'm getting, and now on the lookout to complete my Don Garber fi amplification (X 2A3 and Yph) with one of Don's preamps.
I've been at the hi-fi thing most of my life and spent my working years as a recording engineer and producer. I've never fully embraced digital audio in a professional setting, but have accepted the format for home listening; if I want to hear new releases, especially classical, early music and the like, I don't have much choice! And, to quote Paul McCartney;"I have to admit, it's getting better...". Looking forward to sharing information and experiences. Thanks for having me aboard!
Mark

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2023, 07:32 pm »
Welcome tô AC :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2023, 10:55 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Mark   :thumb:

lutester

« Reply #3 on: 21 Mar 2023, 08:58 pm »
Thanks for the welcome! Hoping for approval soon...