Introduction

Teenage diplomat

Introduction
« on: 25 Feb 2023, 03:31 am »
Hi,  I’m new here.  I’ve had a new pair of M4 Sapphires for 8 months and have put approximately 150 hours on them.  They replaced a pair of PSB Imagine T3 speakers that I had owned for almost 8 years.  I had been very happy with the PSBs, with one exception: bass.  Not the quantity, but the quality in my room.  Try as I might, I couldn’t get a good combination of depth, impact and tightness.  I had heard the M4s at the Capitol Audiofest in 2021 (IIRC) and was very impressed with them.  So when I saw an ad for a brand new pair direct from the factory last June, I jumped on them.  I’ll post a detailed review, but I’ll tease this much in this post: they sound wonderful in my room.

musicdre

• reality is the base
    • art site
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: 25 Feb 2023, 01:06 pm »
welcome to spatial world!

kd4ylq

• Esse Quam Videri
« Reply #2 on: 25 Feb 2023, 03:29 pm »
Spatials truly are great speakers (I've got the M3 Turbos). To coin a phrase that seems to reflect the experience of many new to open baffle speakers, "you'll buy them for the imaging and stay for the bass". Welcome to the circle!

James Edward

« Reply #3 on: 25 Feb 2023, 03:48 pm »
Both Bruce Springsteen and Manfred Mann’s Earth Band sound excellent on Spatials. Just a guess judging by your username…
Welcome.

DaveWin88

« Reply #4 on: 25 Feb 2023, 05:54 pm »
Looking forward to hearing your thought's. Loving my M6's  Btw did you hang on to the T3's

Teenage diplomat

« Reply #5 on: 25 Feb 2023, 06:20 pm »
I sold the T3s as my wife wanted them out of our dining room!  I’m teenage diplomat for a couple of reasons.  First, Blinded by the Light (of course).  But also because I’m still young at heart, and am a retired career diplomat.