DentonAudioWorks 16 Strand Speaker Cable Assembly

DentonAudioWorks

• Industry Participant
DentonAudioWorks 16 Strand Speaker Cable Assembly
« on: 8 Nov 2022, 07:16 pm »
Just Finished a pair of speaker cables with banana plugs for a customer.

Hard to document the process of running the rope through the braided cable but i use a Vic Firth 6b road worn series drumstick taped to the end of the rope. The drumstick might add more tone to the cables but theres no way to be sure.

When the different colored strands get twisted into legs it's nice to take the time to make sure they all lay flat with each other.

For banana plugs i strip about 3/4 of an inch of coating off.

At this point its important to make sure the twists are nice and clean otherwise they may not fit into the connector, especially when you move up to 24 strand cable. You can always wrap a few extra strands around the outside of the connector but i think it looks cleaner this way.

Banana plug goes on.

Solder goes on.

Large piece of heat shrink goes on first, then the two for the legs. All done at this point!

For any custom cable work email me at DentonAudioWorks@gmail.com or contact Danny at info@gr-research.com

Jaytor

Re: DentonAudioWorks 16 Strand Speaker Cable Assembly
« Reply #2 on: 9 Nov 2022, 12:49 am »
I used a fish tape wire puller. It's easy to fish this through the speaker cable, and then I used a little piece of wire to  secure it to the rope and just pulled the rope through.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KGCCXCZ