comparing Don Sachs integrated with LTA integrated

geerock

Re: comparing Don Sachs integrated with LTA integrated
« Reply #80 on: 13 May 2023, 09:52 pm »
Ha! The spirit is willing, but the flesh, well, you know.
Tell me about it.  I've only had the stereo version for a few months and I'm already in the queue to get the monos.  I'm in serious need of a CAT scan.  Every time I think it's over and I'm on my way to recovery something like this comes around.  Anyone interested in a killer Don Sachs 300b stereo version?
 :D

Early B.

« Reply #81 on: 13 May 2023, 10:39 pm »
Anyone interested in a killer Don Sachs 300b stereo version? :D

Aw geez, Geerock! You should have mentioned this two weeks ago!!!  I spoke with Don about his monos, but my budget won't allow for them, so I purchased a used 300b amp and it's crazy good. Everything everyone is saying about 300b tubes are true, but you gotta buy a high-quality amp and they ain't cheap. I still have my DS2 preamp, though. Don's new preamp should be interesting, as well. 

geerock

« Reply #82 on: 14 May 2023, 12:13 am »
Everything everyone is saying about 300b tubes are true, but you gotta buy a high-quality amp and they ain't cheap. I still have my DS2 preamp, though. Don's new preamp should be interesting, as well.

Yeah, I have his pre amp too but his new collaborations with other top audio folks like Lynn Olson, seems to have Don taking another step up in the equipment he's offering.  And at such great competitive pricing no less.  I mean....pure class A 300b monos running almost 30 watts in the price range he's talking is just gonna set a new benchmark.  I truly believe no matter who is building them there is going to be a backlog.  And yes, I'm probably gonna add the new pre to my order too.
Happy listening!

lazbisme

« Reply #83 on: 28 Jul 2023, 05:43 pm »
WOW! Cloud finished my Valhalla and it was delivered about 7:15PM yesterday! It was a frustrating day ALL day as UPS said it would be delivered between12:30 and 3:30 so I was about ready to "bite myself" by the time it arrived!!! All connected and playing in less then 30minutes. and WOW! again. X3s never sounded better at my house. Listening now while tubes and all settle in. So, happy I made this choice, finally, and can say from my viewpoint that anyone deciding need not fret over choosing the Valhalla!