Speakoconnectors

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
Speakoconnectors
« on: 16 Jan 2015, 07:44 pm »
Is there any particular model of the 4 pole SpeakOn connectors that work best for the OB direct servo subs and amps? Would there be a difference for the 8"/HX300 and 12"/A370PEQ?

Mike

Folsom

Re: Speakoconnectors
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jan 2015, 08:09 pm »
I believe it's mostly dependent on wire ga concerns. They're low noise and generally easy to install. It's hard to go wrong.

I read you can fit larger GA wire by soldering, instead of compression.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 16 Jan 2015, 08:22 pm »
Thanks.

Mike

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 16 Jan 2015, 08:45 pm »
Danny just sent me two sets of Speakon connectors for the HX300's.  Here is a tip to use them.

If you are going to use them with the amp, make sure you strip enough wire to fold it over and twist.  The wire size is too small to stay in the clamp.  Folding it over will double the wire diameter and let the clamp hold it.  Tinning the wire after the fold will help the clamp as well.

Captainhemo

« Reply #4 on: 16 Jan 2015, 08:48 pm »
Mike,
You know Danny stocks these   right ? Makes for   easy ordering when you order the  drivers/amps etc

-jay

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 16 Jan 2015, 10:51 pm »
Danny just sent me two sets of Speakon connectors for the HX300's.  Here is a tip to use them.

If you are going to use them with the amp, make sure you strip enough wire to fold it over and twist.  The wire size is too small to stay in the clamp.  Folding it over will double the wire diameter and let the clamp hold it.  Tinning the wire after the fold will help the clamp as well.

Rich,

Thanks, I had to do the same thing with the power supply wires to the Neutrik power connector for my new (to me) DAC.

Mike

Mike,
You know Danny stocks these   right ? Makes for   easy ordering when you order the  drivers/amps etc

-jay

Jay,

Uhh nope. I thought we needed to get them ourselves. I was placing an order with Parts Express for a couple of the Neutrik power connectors and was looking for something else I could use so I wouldn't end up paying more for shipping than the part I was ordering.  I just had that experience with a computer card. The part was $5, shipping was $15  :|

Here is what I chose, probably overkill:

Neutrik NLT4FX-BAG Speakon STX 4 Pole Female Cable Connector Black-Chrome Metal Housing

Neutrik NLT4MP-BAG Speakon STX 4 Pole Male Chassis Connector Black-Chrome Metal Housing

Mike