Jolida JD-100 cdp - might need transport, might need your TLC

djbnh

I have a Jolida JD-100 cdp with original boxes / remote. After years of effortless playing, this unit now throws a "no cd" error most of the time when I insert a disc...but will on occasion play a cd. I have tried to clean the laser to best of my ability with no apparent luck, and subsequently moved on to transport / DAC separates. Lights up fine, spins disc, yada yada. NOTE: I'm not a DIYer - yet.

Before resigning this gear to the dustbin, I wanted to see if someone might want this piece of kit for their own needs (to repair / parts?) and thought of The Karma Circle. Included are the JD-100 unit (115v US), the remote (it works), the original boxes. No tubes, power cord, ICs, batteries, etc. If it's something that you want, you pay the shipping to your destination in the continental US. No dealers / resellers.

Pick the magic number between 1 and 110 (give that 110%); if no one gets exact number, then the closest w/o going over will win. Post your picks here to make it easy for me keep a list; if there are duplicates, 1st posted will be counted and any subsequent doubles ignored. Deadline is the anniversary of D-Day, 6/6/21, 23:59:59 PM PST.

Unit ships from 03261.

Best of luck,

Dave

« Last Edit: 14 May 2021, 05:37 pm by djbnh »

Audiosaurusrex

Hi Dave,
Where will this ship from?
I’m interested #60 please my age  :wink:

djbnh

Hi Dave,
Where will this ship from?
I’m interested #60 please my age  :wink:
Great question = 03261. Just updated my initial post, thanks!

Audiosaurusrex

Great question = 03261. Just updated my initial post, thanks!
Cool NH. I’m in Westport, Massachusetts but travel to Winnipesaukee. It’s a sweet player!
René

SteveFord

• Facilitator
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
I had one of those a long time ago and I'm old so Lucky 13, please.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
  Just needs a laser. Inexpensive enough. Very nice of you.

charles

djbnh

I had one of those a long time ago and I'm old so Lucky 13, please.
And Steve Ford you are our winner (random#= 41)! Steve, please msg me your shipping address, and give me a few days to box / get shipping rate / get player to the PO or wherever. I'm old too  :lol:

Thanks again, I'm sure this is going to a good home.

Best,

Dave B

SteveFord

• Facilitator
Oh, WOW!
I wasn't expecting that, will do.
Maybe it's just a stink wedged in there or something stupid like that.

SteveFord

• Facilitator
It is here, I'll see if I can't get it up and running again.
Where's that crowbar hiding at, probably out in the garage...

lazydays

I bought one of those Jolida players out of a shop in Vermont close to ten years ago. Still going strong after all these years, but has been retubed twice. Recently; I've been thinking about a new replacement, and simply cannot find one better for red book CD's. The tray sounds like a threshing machine, but works every time. Playing a dual layered SACD disc, the difference between each side is minimal. But the SACD player went belly up 39 moths from new (Marantz 8260). That unit has out lasted two or three Sony's and at least one Marantz. The only only one I've owned that's lasted this long is a Kenwood 800 series player I gave to my son. That was my first player, and found the Sony was a little better (9000ES). Now I find I want a second player for an upstairs system, and I'm looking at the new Denon 800

The Jolida will always read a twenty bit disc, and most of the time a 24 bit disc. Yet will not do an HDCD! The Sony seems to sound good, but the life span is not fantastic. I'll never waste another dime on Marantz anything! (they've nailed me several times in the past). If I could find a good repair place, I'd have the Jolida recapped and completely cleaned inside; as it's that kind of good!
gary