Empirical Audio to debut the Spoiler USB tubeDAC at CES

audioengr

We at Empirical are really excited about this product.  It is our first integrated USB DAC.  It is based upon the Lite DAC-60.  Supports up to 24-bit 96kHz sample-rate.  We eliminate the Toslink input and add a USB interface inside that changes to I2S and goes directly to the DAC chips, the wonderful DF1704 and PCM1704's.  Extensive mods to the baseboard including only the best capacitors you can buy, my own Perfect-Crystal silver wiring and lots of circuit improvements.  Tubes are Amperex PQ white-label 7308's or Siemens 60's cca's as an upgrade.  Initial pricing:

$3999.00 - with Amperex PQ tubes
$4300.00 - with Siemens cca tubes

Availability - first quarter 2007.  Pictures forthcoming.

This is without a doubt the best-sounding DAC I have heard.  Very 3-dimensional and super detailed combined with just enough smoothness from the tubes.  We believe it outperforms Meitner, DCS, Dodson and Reimyo.  The focus is razor-sharp.  Actually the HF and LF extension and dynamics reminds me more of solid-state.  The bass is killer.  First time I have heard live-sounding drumsets in the far backstage.  Front-to-back layering is phenominal.  Kick-drums kick you in the gut.  Horns have bite and blat.  Really Really fast on transients - no sluggishness.  Sounds awesome on rock, jazz and classical.

If you are at CES, come and hear it in Room 1203 at the St. Tropez, first floor at THE Show.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
http://www.empiricalaudio.com

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
Re: Empirical Audio to debut the Spoiler USB tubeDAC at CES
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan 2007, 02:50 pm »
Steve are you willing to have a demo tour  :drool: