American Wired XRS review

Louis O

« on: 2 Apr 2006, 04:05 pm »
Hi All,

New review by Ken Micallef of American Wired. An amazing new site, please check it out.

http://www.americanwired.com/audio/omega/omega.html

Many thanks to Ken and the folks of American Wired.

Louis

miklorsmith

« Reply #1 on: 2 Apr 2006, 07:56 pm »
Congrats, Louis.

Nice photos, those are really pretty speakers.  For less than $1k, handbuilt and that pretty?  With great sonics to match!?!?

Stupendous.

Sarchi

« Reply #2 on: 3 Apr 2006, 02:32 am »
Congrats, Louis!  After a few weeks with my TS-3's, I have no problem believing the rave reviews are well deserved.  And am relieved of any nagging doubt about recommending the Super 3's (unheard) to my friend in Costa Rica a couple years ago. (he loves them... and didn't have much opportunity to audition speakers before buying)

Question, do you think the XRS would work well in a small room?  My home office / music room is only 9 x 12'.  The small 3's seem to be a good match.

chadh

« Reply #3 on: 3 Apr 2006, 02:45 pm »
I had a couple of questions, too.

First - how easy is it to knock over the XRS?  I'm thinking, each speaker is 27" tall, wider than it is deep, gets propped up a little at the front and weighs around 30lbs.  Then I start thinking about my 3 year old, who is around 37" and 37lbs who runs around the house chasing his younger brother.  Would I be asking for (more) trouble with the XRS?

Also - am I wrong, or is there some plan to use a 4.5" hemp driver in a similar cabinet?

Thanks,

Chad

bebop Len

« Reply #4 on: 3 Apr 2006, 10:53 pm »
Forget that $1500 bit. Louis, you'll make a lot more in the end.