So just when I finally get ready to try a NOH. . .

Hantra

There are NOH available NOH's to be found.  Are you going to offer it again anytime in the near term John?

Thanks,

B

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jun 2005, 03:10 am »
See if you can get a "loaner" from lonewolf.

He has more gear than most audio shops.

George

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 3 Jun 2005, 03:28 am »
Hello!

Demand has been rather strong - maybe a bit of the un-obtainum effect at work! I don't even have a NOH here for myself anymore. I am working on a new pre-amp but at the rate I am going it'll be the fall before it ships. Nothing near term I am afraid. If I had kept doing NOH's I would have never found any time to do the new rev so stopping them was the only option.

Sales of MU step-ups have been rather high so that has consumed more time than expected. All good stuff but unfortunately it is stretching the time to complete the new pre-amp quite a bit. I had thought that some of the other pre-amps based on the tx102 would tide folks over but for remote no one has an option yet. I have offered to ship my remote switch to both Music First  and to Brian at diyhifisupply so they can implement remote on their offerings - hopefully they will do that or something similar.

What I do have and am shipping regularly are parts for DIY projects. The only part of the NOH I don't stock are the cases. The cases were actually quite time consuming so I won't be doing another batch of the same case. If you NOH someone who can build it or can build one yourself it would be identical sonically to a NOH and remote is quite easy to add or include.

Thanks!

John

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #3 on: 3 Jun 2005, 03:34 am »
Quote from: zybar
See if you can get a "loaner" from lonewolf.

He has more gear than most audio shops.

George
The NOH is out on "loan"....at Daniel's, along with the AKSA.
    Hantra/B....if you want, when I get it back (about two weeks), I can ship it to NC. Just let me know. :) [/list:u]
      Chris[/list:u]

JeffB

autoformer?
« Reply #4 on: 3 Jun 2005, 03:45 am »
This might not be the best place to ask, but here it goes anyway.  The Sonic Euphoria has a remote.  The Sonic Euphoria is a passive preamp that uses an autoformer attenuator.  Is this the same concept as the S&B TVC controls?  And if not, could somebody explain the difference and why one might be better than the other.
http://www.soniceuphoria.com/

Gordy

« Reply #5 on: 3 Jun 2005, 03:50 am »
Hello John,

Does the remote adapt to the Django?  I was under the impression it didn't!  

Thanks!
Gordy

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
« Reply #6 on: 3 Jun 2005, 01:11 pm »
Hello!

I make a point of not comparing my products to others myself but I will say I have met the fellow who makes the Sonic Euphoria and he seems like a great guy and I can't see why it would not be at least really good sounding.

For folks wanting something as close to the NOH as they can get currently I tend to suggest the Django, Music First, and Audio Oasis units since they all use the same transformers and so they are more likely to directly come close to the sound of the NOH.

I have not had a Django here but my guess would be the remote shallco switch could adapt to the django chassis but you'd need to drill a few holes to mount the switch in the front. I sent one down to Brian quite a while back but have not spoken to him to see if it fit o.k.

Thanks!

John

Hantra

« Reply #7 on: 7 Jun 2005, 09:51 pm »
Quote from: John Chapman
If you NOH someone who can build it or can build one yourself it would be identical sonically to a NOH and remote is quite easy to add or include....

So has anyone here built one?  My skills suck and I wouldn't even attempt it.  But I'd contract someone who can solder.   :lol:

JoshK

« Reply #8 on: 7 Jun 2005, 09:54 pm »
Quote from: Hantra
Quote from: John Chapman
If you NOH someone who can build it or can build one yourself it would be identical sonically to a NOH and remote is quite easy to add or include....

So has anyone here built one?  My skills suck and I wouldn't even attempt it.  But I'd contract someone who can solder.   :lol:

You buy two, and I'll ship you one complete, how does that sound?

gonefishin

« Reply #9 on: 8 Jun 2005, 01:39 am »
Hi Hantra :)

I'm not sure if you've bought one yet.  But after I changed to a high gain amp (AKSA amps), my 106db sensitivity speakers are too loud on the lowest volume setting.  The transformers are standard....and they worked fine with my lower gain amps.  But having horns that are this sesitive, it's just a bit too much.  

The NOH has the new case design, a\the Tx102 MkII with the seiden switches.  It has pretty much all the standard stuff...plus two outputs and the +6db option as well.

This is certainly a nice pre...but since the gain difference in my new amps...I've decided to go with a tri-amped system and use with my recently purchased DEQX-p.  As soon as I confirm that the DEQX-p will work in my system (which should be soon).  I'll put my NOH up for sale.  These are really great preamps...If I wasn't going with complete speaker correction with the DEQX, I wouldn't be getting rid of my NOH.  Noh way NOH how!

:)

dan

Hantra

« Reply #10 on: 8 Jun 2005, 01:44 am »
Dan:

I got dibs.  Message me before you list it.  Is it remote?  No biggie if not.

Thanks,

B

gonefishin

« Reply #11 on: 8 Jun 2005, 02:32 am »
no remote  :(