NX-Center

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: NX-Center
« Reply #60 on: 24 Oct 2023, 04:38 am »
Right!  With a three channel setup  it already has 21 driver without the subs.

GR's unofficial motto should be "go big or go home!"

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #61 on: 24 Oct 2023, 12:50 pm »

Perhaps it's "if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing"?

I could also picture Danny yelling out "YOLO" from the back of the shop sketching out new designs.  :lol:

Early B.

« Reply #62 on: 24 Oct 2023, 01:29 pm »
Hmmmm... perhaps I can build a pair of these for a 2-channel system and stretch them across three dual servo subs used as stands. That's over 8 feet of OB goodness. Of course, Danny and Hobbs will say this setup won't measure well in the room, but who cares? The cool factor is off the charts! 

Danny Richie

« Reply #63 on: 24 Oct 2023, 10:52 pm »
Hmmmm... perhaps I can build a pair of these for a 2-channel system and stretch them across three dual servo subs used as stands. That's over 8 feet of OB goodness. Of course, Danny and Hobbs will say this setup won't measure well in the room, but who cares? The cool factor is off the charts!

Sounds pretty cool to me.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #64 on: 24 Oct 2023, 11:25 pm »

Assuming the middle is laid down, it will need a 15 degree stand so that it's point up rather than down at the floor.

It'll measure fine, you will simply get an earlier roll off in the off axis at the top end.

VinceT

« Reply #65 on: 25 Oct 2023, 12:02 am »

Just "Go Big" will do

Maybe I will look for a LS6 and use that as a center to go with my for my LS9's  :lol: Now that would be something!

Early B.

« Reply #66 on: 25 Oct 2023, 12:17 am »
Assuming the middle is laid down, it will need a 15 degree stand so that it's point up rather than down at the floor.

It'll measure fine, you will simply get an earlier roll off in the off axis at the top end.

The speaker sensitivity is about 93dB?

cjsailer

« Reply #67 on: 7 May 2024, 11:05 pm »
Sorry, but not sorry, for dredging up an old thread.  I think there are still a few of us out there interested in this NX Center speaker.  Just wondering if there has been any progress/announcements on the project. 

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #68 on: 8 May 2024, 06:18 pm »
It's available, we just haven't officially announced it yet.

https://gr-research.com/product/nx-center/

cjsailer

« Reply #69 on: 8 May 2024, 11:20 pm »
Thanks for the link Hobbs.  Order placed.