TS2 tweaks/mods - pic

jwha

TS2 tweaks/mods - pic
« on: 26 Mar 2004, 02:55 pm »
I did some tweaking on my TS2's a few nights ago, and I wanted to share the results with you...

- Upgraded the internal wiring with DH-Labs silversonic speaker cable... silver plated OFC copper
- Replaced dampening in the cabinet sides with rope caulk
- Added additional rope caulk dampening in the cabinet rear and port

With these tweaks, the sound is significantly more crisp and detailed (most likely from the upgraded wire) and bass was a bit more extended using the new dampening material (most likely due to the little extra volume inside the cabinet).

Picture of the inside here:
http://photos.yahoo.com/jonathan_ha

Sprite

TS2 tweaks/mods - pic
« Reply #1 on: 28 Mar 2004, 03:47 am »
Hi, thanks for the tweaks.  I was also thinking about changing the internal wires and the damping pad inside of my Grande 6's.  When I was going to disconnect the driver, I've noticed that the internal wires have crimp-on connectors.  I thought I could just pull them out to separate the wires from the driver, but it won't come off.  Could you tell me how you separated the two?  Thanks!

jwha

TS2 tweaks/mods - pic
« Reply #2 on: 28 Mar 2004, 05:15 am »
My internal wires were also crimp-on, but they just slid off.  You may try to carefully loosen the crimping a little bit with some small pliers.

When I attached the new internal wires, I decided to go ahead and solder them on the terminals with silver solder.  My thinking was that it would be a better connection than the crimp-on style.