targa02

California Audio Show by Dagogo
« on: 1 Jul 2011, 09:39 pm »
July 15 - 17, 2011
(Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
Burlingame , CA 94010
Crowne Plaza
(650) 342-9200

Friday, July 15: 9 am - 6 pm Saturday, July 16: 9 am- 6 pm Sunday, July 17: 9 am - 4 pm
$10 per 3-Day Pass via advance online registration. $20 at the door cash only.

http://www.caaudioshow.com/

Charles Calkins

Re: California Audio Show by Dagogo
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jul 2011, 10:59 pm »
Can't find it now but I did read that we can take BART to S.F.O.and catch a free shuttle bus to the Crown Plaza. I think they run every 30 minutes.

Cheers
                                             Charlie

Russtafarian

• Typical reaction to the music I play
« Reply #2 on: 7 Jul 2011, 08:43 pm »
I'll be there Thursday-Saturday.  Any plans for an AC GTG?  I had fun hanging out with some of the Bay area AC'rs at last year's show.

Charles Calkins

« Reply #3 on: 7 Jul 2011, 08:48 pm »
I'll be there Saturday. Hope we can hook up and spread some B.S. around. All about audio of course.

Cheers
                                                  Charlie

targa02

« Reply #4 on: 7 Jul 2011, 10:09 pm »
I will be there Saturday and likely Sunday.

Charles Calkins

« Reply #5 on: 7 Jul 2011, 11:09 pm »
taraga02:

You better leave your check book and credit cards with your better half.
 Going to be lots and lots and lots of temptations there.

Cheers
                             Charlie

targa02

« Reply #6 on: 8 Jul 2011, 04:58 am »
Hi Charles,

I am very ready to be tempted!  My wife is quite understanding of my obsession! We should meet up somewhere on Saturday.  Please send me a pm if interested.

All the best, Gary

wywires

« Reply #7 on: 12 Jul 2011, 03:43 pm »
SF Bay Area Audiophiles...Please visit us at room 520 along with Fritz Speakers (Carbon 7 and Rev 5), Modwright Instruments (KWA100SE and LS100) and A fantastic new tube phono stage by Zesto Audio. Also, we will be comparing the new WyWires speaker cables to the current design after hours and we would like your input. Come by at 4:30, have a cocktail or a glass of wine and have a listen and give us your thoughts.

Alex

TheChairGuy

« Reply #8 on: 12 Jul 2011, 03:51 pm »
The plan is Friday for me....maybe from noon to 6PM or so.  More than that and my ears crap out :wink:

It's all about the same distance for me...but, does anybody know why they changed the hotel to South Bay this year? I thought Emeryville choice last year was a good cross-section of the Bay Area. 

Maybe they're trying to draw as much as possible from San Jose area now, too?

John

Lefty052347

• AVA Associate
« Reply #9 on: 15 Jul 2011, 03:13 am »
We got a really nice setup playing very well today at the California Show, room 426.

Our system consists of AVA Avastar hybrid preamp, Vision Hybrid DAC, brand new Fet Valve 600R hybrid power amplifier, Jim Salk's Soundscape 10 speakers and his SalkStreamer digital streamer connected to our Vision Hybrid DAC with a Kingrex UC192 USB to coax adaptor.  We can play anything up to and including 192/24 material.

The room acoustics came together nearly perfectly without need of any sound treatment panels.  This shows how room friendly the Soundscape 10 speakers are and how well the 600R amp controls them.

We hope to meet as many of you here this weekend as we can.  Looking forward to that.

Frank Van Alstine

RPM123

« Reply #10 on: 15 Jul 2011, 04:07 am »
SF Bay Area Audiophiles...Please visit us at room 520 along with Fritz Speakers (Carbon 7 and Rev 5), Modwright Instruments (KWA100SE and LS100) and A fantastic new tube phono stage by Zesto Audio. Also, we will be comparing the new WyWires speaker cables to the current design after hours and we would like your input. Come by at 4:30, have a cocktail or a glass of wine and have a listen and give us your thoughts.

Alex

Only on Friday... what about the weekend?

woofersus

• Industry Participant
  • Authorized Dealer: Melody & Angel City Audio
    • East Street Audio
« Reply #11 on: 15 Jul 2011, 06:22 am »
We've got a Melody Pure Black 101 tube preamp, Melody M845 SET monoblocks, ACA Trinity speakers, Onix XCD-50 cd player, and some new in-development cables all set to go for the weekend in room 209.  Stop by and say hello!

And we have candy...