Dave

confirmed!

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: MuthaBuss is being made...
« Reply #61 on: 6 Apr 2010, 09:57 pm »
I'm listening to this Mutha now.   :drool:

Someone else needs to step-up.  Yes, it's that good!

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #62 on: 6 Apr 2010, 10:02 pm »
Yep, Jake.  45 pounds of performance.

:green:

Dave

Damn Dave, that's 1 big mutha you got there.  :weights: 

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #63 on: 7 Apr 2010, 02:40 am »

Damn Dave, that's 1 big mutha you got there.  :weights:
I just lugged it around working on it.  Jason built a rack that holds it.  The man has some serious gear in that room of his!

I would be open to building Papa Bear!   :eyebrows:

Dave

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #64 on: 7 Apr 2010, 11:02 am »
I would be open to building Papa Bear!   :eyebrows:
Dave

:scratch:  What would that be?   :green:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #65 on: 27 Apr 2010, 12:35 am »
Here is the second part of my MuthaBuss setup.  It's a PI Audio balanced power setup.  I guess it would be called BalancedBuss.   :D

I just got the 42 lb beast unpacked.  Hope to try it this weekend. 

I asked Dave to make it vertically so it can be placed behind the equipment rack.  Actually I'm going to place it behind the Mutha...I've come up with a slick way to connect it.  Can't wait!

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #66 on: 27 Apr 2010, 12:59 am »
Here is the second part of my MuthaBuss setup.  It's a PI Audio balanced power setup.  I guess it would be called BalancedBuss.   :D

I just got the 42 lb beast unpacked.  Hope to try it this weekend. 

I asked Dave to make it vertically so it can be placed behind the equipment rack.  Actually I'm going to place it behind the Mutha...I've come up with a slick way to connect it.  Can't wait!

I'm glad to see that it got there OK.  I'll be interested in seeing what you have to say concerning the performance of the unit.  That Plitron transformer is a hunk-o-metal for sure.  Very nicely made and completely silent (no tranny noise) here at my house.  What with the creative way you've come up with to hook all of this up, I'm on the edge of my chair waiting.

How was jazz at the Blue Note?  (You dog....  I'm jealous  8) Live music is THE standard for me)

Dave 

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #67 on: 27 Apr 2010, 01:19 am »
I'm glad to see that it got there OK.  I'll be interested in seeing what you have to say concerning the performance of the unit.  That Plitron transformer is a hunk-o-metal for sure.  Very nicely made and completely silent (no tranny noise) here at my house.  What with the creative way you've come up with to hook all of this up, I'm on the edge of my chair waiting.

How was jazz at the Blue Note?  (You dog....  I'm jealous  8) Live music is THE standard for me)

Dave

I'm looking forward to trying it. 

As for hooking it up I'm going to basically put it in the Mutha loop.  Take all of my digital gear that's plugged into the Mutha and take that power cord and plug it into the BalancedBuss and then plug the BalancedBuss into the other side of the Mutha that has more of whatever it is that you do. 

This way my power hungry amps aren't balanced and current limited by the BalancedBuss but all my digital gear is happy.  Hopefully.  We'll see.

Yes, Blue Note was awesome as always.  If you ever have a chance to see http://www.michelcamilo.com/ I highly recommend it.  He's just fantastic if his music does it for you.  If not, just to see the hand speed is amazing as well.  His drummer is by far the BEST I've ever seen live.  Here is his website http://www.cliffalmondmusic.com/welcome.html

I've seen Michel at Carnegie and countless other times and he is just great. 

Now, about the Mutha.... :drool: