What's a Battery Buss and how do you use it?

Randy

What's a Battery Buss and how do you use it?
« on: 5 Nov 2012, 05:46 am »
Kind of a mystery to me.  The description on the website doesn't help me much since I am a technical simpleton. Any help?

« Last Edit: 6 Nov 2012, 12:36 am by Randy »

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Re: What's a Battery Buss and how do you use it?
« Reply #1 on: 9 Nov 2012, 04:45 pm »
Randy, sorry that I missed this.

The BatteryBUSS is a DC management system intended to be used with 12VDC and 5VDC devices.  The battery and charger are not included with the B-BUSS. 

This all came about when we started converting MacMini computers to 12VDC power.  Pretty quiet, but the dynamics were a little lacking.  Ergo: the BatteryBUSS.

Basic power flow is from a 12V battery of your choice (I recommend at LEAST a 26AH battery - bigger is better) > 10ga power cable with a Powercon connector > BatteryBUSS > either a 12output (10A with an XLR output) or a choice of two dual voltage (12VDC or regulated 5VDC@5A vis TinyXLR connectors > your gear.

The BatteryBUSS filters the incoming DC for sulphation noise and provides a very low output impedance current well to enhance dynamics.

Supplied with the BatteryBUSS is the input cable and 3 output cables with final terminations of the osers choice to mate with their gear.  Normally I supply 1-12VDC cable with a 3 pin XLR and two smaller cables with TinyXLR connector - 1 5VDC cable and 1 12VDC cable.  The wiring of the TinyXLR connector determines the output voltage of these cables.

That is an overview.  If you have any more questions please fire away.

Dave

Randy

Re: What's a Battery Buss and how do you use it?
« Reply #2 on: 13 Nov 2012, 11:38 pm »
Thanks, Dave.