Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release

gbaby

Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #2380 on: 14 Mar 2018, 03:11 pm »
Has the 2.37 version of Manic Moose been officially released? It does not show up on my firmware update.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #2381 on: 14 Mar 2018, 05:49 pm »
There must be a view by album. I have only a view by artist. Where have I gone wrong?  I’m using an iPad with Manic Moose.   Thanks John

Still in "testing", so in testing you need to read the documentation on how to activate it using a special URL

to enable
http://bryston-bdp-2.local/mpd/chgsettings.php?p=system&v=dashboard&s=2
to revert to stable
http://bryston-bdp-2.local/mpd/chgsettings.php?p=system&v=dashboard&s=1

don't forget to update "bryston-bdp-2.local" with the correct value or ip address of your BDP

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #2382 on: 14 Mar 2018, 05:52 pm »
Has the 2.37 version of Manic Moose been officially released?

Versions of the firmware the end with an odd value like S2.37 are considered development builds (aka beta, aka testing) and aren't just available to anyone.  With that said we always appreciate constructive feedback and welcome users to try out these builds just so long as they are aware that the software isn't considered finished and that they can revert back to the most recent stable release.  Please see the below link for instructions to install the current test build.

http://support.bryston.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=248

Chris

Rockyboy

« Reply #2383 on: 14 Mar 2018, 07:05 pm »
Hi Chris
Regarding your response... you directed me to a URL for a BDP-2. What if I only own a BDP-1?
Thanks John

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #2384 on: 14 Mar 2018, 10:25 pm »
What if I only own a BDP-1?

don't forget to update "bryston-bdp-2.local" with the correct value or ip address of your BDP

gil99

« Reply #2385 on: 15 Mar 2018, 08:53 pm »
Call Chris today to upgrade my friend BDP-1 player from s1.17 to 2.36 and received top notch customer service. Thank you Chris for your time and patience, everything is working fine now.  Again Bryston qualify for best customer service and support for their product.  Thank you

Gilles V.

Rockyboy

« Reply #2386 on: 16 Mar 2018, 01:33 am »
Sorry Chris but you lost me. I have the latest update 2017-12-18 on my BDP-1. Now what?

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #2387 on: 16 Mar 2018, 02:46 pm »
Sorry Chris but you lost me. I have the latest update 2017-12-18 on my BDP-1. Now what?

Whats the IP address assigned to your BDP?

gbaby

« Reply #2388 on: 16 Mar 2018, 03:00 pm »
Versions of the firmware the end with an odd value like S2.37 are considered development builds (aka beta, aka testing) and aren't just available to anyone.  With that said we always appreciate constructive feedback and welcome users to try out these builds just so long as they are aware that the software isn't considered finished and that they can revert back to the most recent stable release.  Please see the below link for instructions to install the current test build.

http://support.bryston.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=248

Chris

Thank you.

Rockyboy

« Reply #2389 on: 17 Mar 2018, 01:25 am »
Is it?

eth010.0.0.12

Krutsch

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #2392 on: 19 Mar 2018, 03:41 pm »
Are you going to put a button in UI to enable the new Dashboard?

Once its closer to being done, there are quite a few problems with its stylesheet, particularly on mobile devices.

artur9

« Reply #2393 on: 22 Mar 2018, 08:29 pm »
I have a BDP-1 and I use MinimServer to send it files in combination with UPMPDCLI.  Controlled by Kinsky.

When I send it a file this way, which it appears to access via HTTP, the first line on the display seems to be the Artist from the tags in the file.  But the second line in the display is always HTTP STREAM 0 (or something like that).

Is there a way to get that second line to show something more useful than that?  Bitrate, Title, etc?  I mean, in the context of sending it files over HTTP.  If I jack in a USB thumb drive it shows much more useful stuff but I don't generally do that.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #2394 on: 23 Mar 2018, 04:34 pm »
I have a BDP-1 and I use MinimServer to send it files in combination with UPMPDCLI.  Controlled by Kinsky.

When I send it a file this way, which it appears to access via HTTP, the first line on the display seems to be the Artist from the tags in the file.  But the second line in the display is always HTTP STREAM 0 (or something like that).

Is there a way to get that second line to show something more useful than that?  Bitrate, Title, etc?  I mean, in the context of sending it files over HTTP.  If I jack in a USB thumb drive it shows much more useful stuff but I don't generally do that.

Hi Artur,

I'll try to remember to look into this next time im working on the firmware, in the mean time can you play some thing and go to this url (you'll need to update the IP address to match your BDP) and either post it or send it to me?

http://192.168.1.123/shm/rawsong

Cheers,
Chris

artur9

« Reply #2395 on: 25 Mar 2018, 08:21 pm »
Hi Artur,

I'll try to remember to look into this next time im working on the firmware, in the mean time can you play some thing and go to this url (you'll need to update the IP address to match your BDP) and either post it or send it to me?

http://192.168.1.123/shm/rawsong

Cheers,
Chris

Thanks for responding.  That URL says

file: http://192.168.1.123:9790/minimserver/*/standard-resolution/flac/The*20Romeros/Rodrigo*20-*20Concierto*20de*20Aranjuez*20and*20Concierto*20Andaluz*20--*20Vivaldi*20Guitar*20Concertos/01*20-*20Rodrigo*20Concerto*20de*20Aranjuez*20for*20Guitar*20and*20Orchestra-*201*20Allegro*20con*20spirito.flac/$!transcode-24,96.wav
Artist: San Antonio Symphony Orchestra, Victor Alessandro, The Romeros
Album: [MLP 50] The Romeros Perform Rodrigo and Vivaldi
Title: Rodrigo Concerto de Aranjuez for Guitar and Orchestra: 1 Allegro con spirito
Pos: 26
Id: 27
OK

On the web interface it shows the Title scrolling and the second line is Streaming -- @0 so it looks like

Rodrigo Concerto de Aranjuez for Guitar and Orchestra: 1 Allegro con spirito
Streaming — @0

The front panel shows

San Antonio Symphony Orche
HTTP STREAM: 0

Krutsch

« Reply #2396 on: 14 Apr 2018, 02:35 pm »
Hey Guys,

Not sure what's next for Manic Moose. Things are working well, though I have a couple of feedback items.

1. Folder browsing is impressive, which shows 100% of my artist (thumb.jpg) and album (folder.jpg) images. If I had one wish here, it is that the BDP would pre-process the folder images for display. I am having to browse into a folder, then back out to trigger the "Folder build" and see the images. I suspect this is something you are still working on. It would be fine with me to wait along with the Bryston DB build for all of these to be processed at once.

For the Media Player's Default View and Artist View, there is really on one issues I'd like to highlight: album art.

2. The Artist view shows almost everything, but there are a small number of albums that never show the art work. I am at a loss to see a pattern and I've verified that the folder.jpg and embedded images are like the others (500x500 - 1400x1400, baseline JPEGs). I've tried re-embedding new ones and they still don't show in Artist View, so I am back to wondering if the folder path naming is the cause.

3. The Default View is missing about 1/6th of album art images when browsing. In the sample image below, I have browsed by genre into "Psychedelic Rock" and you can see a number of missing album art images. Browsing into other genres has similar results.

Interestingly, if I browse into the Kodaly Quartet (see issue #2 image) via the Default View - Album Artist, none of the album images are shown.

And, when I play back an album or browse by folder all missing art work described above shows up just fine.

Using:

S2.37 2018-03-09
Build: Manic Moose
MPD: 0.19.21 NEWS
Kernel: 3.16-0.bpo.2-486

Thanks.

EDIT:

I am playing around with Manic Moose with my iPad Pro - works pretty well (actually, what's really killer on the iPad Pro is Soundirok, but whatever...)

So, I am reminded of one more item: please remove/make optional the background image on the Media View (the out-of-focus image you are scraping, displayed behind the album art).

With larger audio files, it causes stuttering on playback which stops the moment the background image has loaded/displayed. Not all the time and mostly with high-res files, but it's annoying with 192/24 files on a BDP-1.

Pundamilia

« Reply #2397 on: 14 Apr 2018, 03:30 pm »
Is the display of the album art in the default view a new feature in S2.37? I don't see any album art at all in the default folder view in 2.36. Or am I missing a setting? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

BigGeek

« Reply #2398 on: 27 Apr 2018, 12:16 am »
Haven’t seen a release of the Moose since March 9. Am I missing something or are you working on somethnig big?

Rod_S

« Reply #2399 on: 27 Apr 2018, 01:09 am »
Are you talking about the test builds? My BDP says I'm up to date and that is a December build I believe