How many times do you turn your volume control up and down?

Wayner

Re: How many times do you turn your volume control up and down?
« Reply #20 on: 1 Oct 2022, 10:22 pm »
About 10 times back and forth before I turn the system on. This helps to keep any debris from normal use from building up and then cauing a problem. Basically, use it or lose it.

Huck

« Reply #21 on: 2 Oct 2022, 01:39 am »
About 10 times back and forth before I turn the system on. This helps to keep any debris from normal use from building up and then cauing a problem. Basically, use it or lose it.
Do you have a noisy volume pot?...I do that(rotate VC a few times) with my Benchmark DAC1 USB headphone amp and it's all good for the rest of the time.Huck

Early B.

« Reply #22 on: 2 Oct 2022, 01:50 am »
My volume remains the same on virtually every song, so I rarely adjust the volume. Not sure why you guys have a need to keep adjusting it. Seems like it would detract from the listening experience.   

Wayner

« Reply #23 on: 2 Oct 2022, 11:48 am »
Do you have a noisy volume pot?...I do that(rotate VC a few times) with my Benchmark DAC1 USB headphone amp and it's all good for the rest of the time.Huck

No. That is because I exercise my 25 year old Audio by Van Alstine preamp just once before I turn the system on. Everyone should get into the habit of exercising their controls (even push buttons and switches) to keep them like new. Ignored button will sooner or later fail, especially a seldom used tape monitor switch, which is right in the signal path.

rockadanny

« Reply #24 on: 2 Oct 2022, 11:21 pm »
Per CD, anywhere from 0-3 times. Not having a remote I cannot accurately guage optimum volume at my seat, thus the top number of 2 or 3.
And since different recordings are sometimes mastered/released at different volumes, that (0-3) can potentially apply to each CD spun.

richidoo

« Reply #25 on: 3 Oct 2022, 02:58 pm »
Good idea to exercise the buttons for analog switches.  :thumb:

When I hear noise from switches or volume pot I just clean them. Then the noise doesn't return for years.
Caig DeOxit Fader for plastic element potentiometers and DeOxit D5 for switches and jacks/plugs
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093PYBJWF