help - lowther voight pipe

alexstl

help - lowther voight pipe
« on: 24 Oct 2010, 05:13 pm »
Hi,  is anyone interested in building a pair of voight pipes for my lowther dx2 drivers?   I am thinking about a birch veneer.  I would buy all the materials and then could barter with old vintage components, tubes, watches, art or even money.  I have zero woodworking ability or speaker designing ability, which is why I am asking for help. I own two pair of Cain and Cain Abbeys and have thought of altering one pair to take the lowthers but wouldn't know where to start.  No rush either.  I would love to be part of the build process if possible.

steve k

Re: help - lowther voight pipe
« Reply #1 on: 24 Oct 2010, 06:06 pm »
Alex,
Sounds like a job for HebrewHammer. Of course, they'll probably look like no voight pipes you've ever see before!  :lol:
steve

alexstl

« Reply #2 on: 24 Oct 2010, 06:49 pm »
sounds good to me - i love art and music, its one of the reasons i like the abbeys so much

MerRev

« Reply #3 on: 25 Oct 2010, 12:11 am »
completely agree Alex! 
I had a chance to see the Blackmores in person and have to admit HebrewHammer's work is outstanding. :drool:

I like the simplicity of the Abbey and have always been a sucker for the Sunburst guitar finishes.  Having said that I think Randy could dream up something even cooler though. 

-Merrev

alexstl

« Reply #4 on: 25 Oct 2010, 12:31 am »
I have not met Randy but would love to talk to him about his ideas if he were interested

Hebrew Hammer

• Industry Participant
  • www.Randall-K.com
« Reply #5 on: 25 Oct 2010, 03:16 pm »
shot me an email or phone call....   :green:

randy@soundsbydesign.net or 314-226-6488