headphone amp

alexstl

headphone amp
« on: 1 Sep 2006, 03:26 am »
Hi everyone,  I bought the beyerdynamic 880's and they sound wonderful, even directly out of the ah! cd player.  I am considering a headphone amp.  Does anyone have experience with the Little Dot 2 plus tube headphone amp sold on ebay for $139 plus $40 freight?  This is the third version/upgrade, of the Little Dot. 

I have a Kenwood ST 7500 tuner modded by Bill Ammons of tuner information center.com fame, but it has no headphone jack.  I could use the LD2 plus with the tuner.  Any other suggestions for reasonable headphone amps?  There was a Perreaux solid state one on Audiogon for $225.  It seems there is a whole audiophile subset of headphonaics at head-fi.com.

Thank you to all of you concerned about our newborn baby Jonathon.  I promise I am only listening to music when the baby is with my spouse.  Most of you don't know that I am a crisis social worker.  A main function of my job is to assess ongoing child safety and developing safety plans with the family.  I only have three cases at a time.  Two of my current three cases involve monitoring for child safety in the home setting, with the goal of keeping the children safely in the home.   With all that said, I again promise to assess for safety when listening to my headphones!   

Thanks, Alex

bmed

Re: headphone amp
« Reply #1 on: 1 Sep 2006, 02:57 pm »
Not sure about your soldering skills, but a Bottlehead SEX amp would be my choice,  $369 ain't that cheap though.

Cheers,
Brad