Skip Kingsman: The Secret Service

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
Skip Kingsman: The Secret Service
« on: 15 Feb 2015, 05:16 pm »
Do your brain a favor and skip this assault to the senses. The promos for this film lead one to believe that "Kingsman" will be something like "The Avengers" or a lighter version of the latest James Bond series. Instead, this film is a really bad conglomeration of "Kill Bill" (a film I enjoyed) and "Kick Ass" (one I considerable passable entertainment). It is truly atrocious. Michael Cain is once again cashing a check and sleepwalking through his role. While poor Colin Firth I'm sure regrets wasting six months of his life on is really little more than a juvenile snuff film. I'd certainly like to have my two hours back.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Re: Skip Kingsman: The Secret Service
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2015, 08:38 pm »
Wow, did we see the same flick? I found Kingsman: The Secret Service to be excellent! :thumb:  It was well written with some great humor at the expense of the spy genre.  To me it was a smart funny action film chock full of great performances.  Firth especially was amazing.  I knew he was a great actor (Oscar for the King's Speech) but I was surprised by how well he pulled off the role of action star.  To me the film was one of the best action films since John Wick.  The final joke towards the end fell a little flat, though.

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
Re: Skip Kingsman: The Secret Service
« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2015, 08:56 pm »
Wow, did we see the same flick? I found Kingsman: The Secret Service to be excellent! :thumb:  It was well written with some great humor at the expense of the spy genre.  To me it was a smart funny action film chock full of great performances.  Firth especially was amazing.  I knew he was a great actor (Oscar for the King's Speech) but I was surprised by how well he pulled off the role of action star.  To me the film was one of the best action films since John Wick.  The final joke towards the end fell a little flat, though.

I think it is the kind of film that you love or hate. It also may be a generational issue. The four of us who went to the showing are all older baby boomers.