Spatial audio ?? Question

Audiophile58

Spatial audio ?? Question
« on: 13 Nov 2017, 03:39 pm »
Hello I have 2 things that are outstanding from DIY ,and in Europe. Eminence makes a great new $200 each
Neodymium 15 much fast more defined then any previous for open basket ,get rid of the ceramic,
Also. The Beyma 150 TPL Horn  is a fantastic driver on every level  also using Neodymium  magnets
Kapton driver with high purity copper, not aluminum like most as a conductor. 1k -23khz  very clean and over
100 db efficient  drivers are $800 retail a pair.  That would truly be  good ,even in a 12 or 10 inch driver for
Smaller rooms this would still be about 95 db efficient if padding down the  Beyma driver.
I seen  a couple OB units while in the UK visiting friends these sounded  very natural , dynamic,and powerfull
Around 30 hz in room .   Wonder if Clayton was working on something like this ?

Ric Schultz

Re: Spatial audio ?? Question
« Reply #1 on: 14 Nov 2017, 07:58 pm »
I believe the Beyma AMT is what Clayton is using in the X2 but with a custom super 15 inch AE driver (I am pretty sure it is even better than the new Eminence).  But a diy jobbie with the Beyma and Eminence would be killer (assuming you know enough to design your own xover, make your own super baffles, use the worlds best parts, etc.).  Clayton has already done the work in the X2 and it is killer!

ttan98

« Reply #2 on: 15 Nov 2017, 01:45 am »
I believe the Beyma AMT is what Clayton is using in the X2 but with a custom super 15 inch AE driver (I am pretty sure it is even better than the new Eminence).  But a diy jobbie with the Beyma and Eminence would be killer (assuming you know enough to design your own xover, make your own super baffles, use the worlds best parts, etc.).  Clayton has already done the work in the X2 and it is killer!
Spatial X2 uses off the shelf AE 15in. A pair of just the speakers drivers alone costs about US$1,500-$1,600 excludes postage, this price includes a pair Beyma tweeters. DIY anyone?

goskers

« Reply #3 on: 15 Nov 2017, 02:10 am »
If you want to do a DIY project then more power to you.  To take someone else’s design and then promote a copy of it in their own forum is just wrong.  How about you take ‘your’ ideas to a different area at least and show a bit of respect.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #4 on: 15 Nov 2017, 03:50 am »
Clayton has already done the work in the X2 and it is killer!

I'd love to hear the X-2, but I fear that might include a strong inclination to buy them. I'm loving the 3 Turbo S even more since I changed pretty much everything in front of, and underneath them. The net result of one change in particular was so surprisingly transformative it was as if the drivers in my speakers were switched out with new higher performance drivers. Man, when it all comes together, these speakers are a portal to a place that is untouchable in their price class.  :thumb:

ttan98

« Reply #5 on: 15 Nov 2017, 04:48 am »
If you want to do a DIY project then more power to you.  To take someone else’s design and then promote a copy of it in their own forum is just wrong.  How about you take ‘your’ ideas to a different area at least and show a bit of respect.
DIY on using just using the same drivers are not copying it is just narrowing down on the selections of drivers. Bearing in mind all these drivers are all commercial available/off the shelf drivers. The rest of the design is up to individuals. Furthermore the DIYers must not resell his/her design even though it is different, eg different xover, etc...

Francation

« Reply #6 on: 15 Nov 2017, 08:03 am »
I'd love to hear the X-2, but I fear that might include a strong inclination to buy them. I'm loving the 3 Turbo S even more since I changed pretty much everything in front of, and underneath them. The net result of one change in particular was so surprisingly transformative it was as if the drivers in my speakers were switched out with new higher performance drivers. Man, when it all comes together, these speakers are a portal to a place that is untouchable in their price class.  :thumb:

As someone trying to sort out their frontend, please provide exceeding detail in those switches you made  :green:

Audiophile58

« Reply #7 on: 15 Nov 2017, 10:56 am »
Pure audio project  sells theirs with solid 7/8 inch solid oak or Bamboo,
2- 15 Neo drivers from emminance,with Beyma150 for $4200 delivered,
Modular also  the Great Voxitiv  full range driver for the mids - highs is killer
That is 50% more money's. My point  compete value just compare .
I am always looking to see other products . In this case both companies
Are very good. The Pure Audio Project  needs to  be assembled that too should be
Pointed out ,not hard and no soldering involved.put still a 3-4 hour job.

roscoeiii

« Reply #8 on: 15 Nov 2017, 09:54 pm »
Y'all, let's be respectful that this is a Spatial Audio Industry Circle. Discussions not directly related to Spatial should be taken elsewhere. Particularly ones that seem to be focused on replicating designs that Clayton has no doubt put considerable time and effort into.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #9 on: 16 Nov 2017, 02:24 am »
As someone trying to sort out their frontend, please provide exceeding detail in those switches you made  :green:

I’m going to delay that report as I’d like to verify and confirm that very favourable first impression with a secondary follow up.