Netflix: What to watch?

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Re: Netflix: What to watch?
« Reply #660 on: 24 Apr 2024, 11:41 am »
Just finished season one of The Diplomat.  Absolutely brilliant, I was up until 1:30 am finishing it last night and my bedtime is usually 9 or 10.  A Kerri Russell vehicle she's superb here as a career front line state department expert who gets derailed from her anticipated flight to Kabul to complete her mission there to being appointed as ambassador to Great Britain.  (Not a spoiler, that's the first three minutes) The series hits the ground running, no long and boring build up explaining everything, you just have to keep up.  If you liked West Wing or House of Cards this is better.  The end of season cliff hanger is shattering and completely unexpected, but makes perfect sense.  Russell is brilliant as a smart, experienced, brutally capable professional completely over her head.  A second season is promised.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #661 on: 2 May 2024, 03:26 pm »
Thanks for mentioning the Diplomat. Perfect for me, right up my alley. Not a TV person but this series got me on the couch.

stylerb

« Reply #662 on: Yesterday at 12:25 am »
if you like the Diplomat, try "The Bureau" on Sundance channel, a truly excellent show with all 5 seasons being well above par.

another great one i watched recently is "Halt and Catch Fire."

cheers

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #663 on: Yesterday at 02:36 pm »
   Thank you

nigelnaim

« Reply #664 on: Today at 12:34 am »
Killing Eve.