Poll

How do you guys buy & play games?

I rent 'em- why buy something you'll play once?
2 (22.2%)
I buy a game, beat it, then resell it to buy something else.
0 (0%)
I like to collect 'em- I only resell the stinkers.
7 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: 7 Apr 2004, 01:33 am

Do you rent, play-then-sell, or collect?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« on: 7 Apr 2004, 01:33 am »
What are you guys gaming habits?  I tend to buy something and keep it- if I don't like it I'll sell it.  Sometimes I'll sell one if I'm really tapped out, but normally unless it has zero replay value I'll keep it.

I've still got like 35 of my original PSX games and maybe 20 or 25 DC games.  They wouldn't bring much if I were to sell them, and it'll be fun in ten years to look back at them.  Some, like Mechwarrior 2 and Diablo still get played regularly! :o

mcrespo71

« Reply #1 on: 7 Apr 2004, 01:37 am »
I try to buy only really good games- those that get about 9.0 or higher out of 10 in IGN or EGM.  Ocassionally, I'll make a mistake and then sell an overhyped game.  Also, I'll sometimes sell sports games to make room for the next version.  

I sold some classic systems/games in my time and wish I did not.  I like to collect the great games.  I still have playing Goldeneye multiplayer with friends on my N64 and I imagine I'll do the same with Halo in years to come.  Also, I like to play Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time every other year to remind myself what perfect gameplay feels like.

Michael

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 7 Apr 2004, 01:41 am »
I really loved Shingen the Ruler for the original NES.  I have an NES in the closet, but I don't think I have my copy of Shingen anymore. :x

The first RE is still fun and a classic.  Ditto the first couple Tomb Raider games- they went downhill after that.  In many ways the Madden games on the Genesis have never been equalled (I mean in terms of gameplay and AI, the games were very well balanced).

mcrespo71

« Reply #3 on: 7 Apr 2004, 01:46 am »
I agree about the Madden's on Genesis.  Madden 93 blew me away like no other sports game has since.

Michael

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jun 2004, 10:27 pm »
I collect them, but then I only have 6 or 7! I play Ghost Recon Live about all the time and Halo when I need a break...

bob82274

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jun 2004, 11:42 pm »
I'm a collector... but I only like to get the ones that I know I will like and continue to play.  I am definitely of the sort that I don't believe in renting.  This goes for books too... even a though the library is free I prefer to have my own library.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: 17 Jun 2004, 11:49 pm »
I just bought my 8th 'Box game- D&D Heroes.  Unfortunately I buy more than I play, but I like having 'em on the shelf in case I want to play them.

My DVD collection is hovering around 400 titles; I've never once rented a DVD movie, either...

Woodsea

« Reply #7 on: 18 Jun 2004, 01:21 am »
If I had more money, I would buy and collect.  But seeing as how, we are moving about alot.  Renting is the most $en$ible for me.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 18 Jun 2004, 01:31 am »
Are there a lot of places to rent games in Mongolia? :o  :lol: