current issue of Jazz Times magazine -'Sound Advice'

Mike Doyle

Interesting article about tube electronics has some very favorable mentions of Omega equipment.

Mike Doyle

no comments? Jazz Times on tube audio equipment
« Reply #1 on: 2 Mar 2006, 11:29 pm »
It's the issue with Jimmy Smith on the cover....anybody read the column?
I found it a good think piece. Somewhat controversial. Push pull not so
accurate? Single (stereo) amp preferrable to mono blocs? Maybe I didn't 'get it' . Anybody read it?  Impressed with Omega speakers! Another congrats, Louis!

Louis O

« Reply #2 on: 9 Mar 2006, 02:37 pm »
Hi Mike Doyle,

Thanks and this was very good. Mike Quinn is a very good writer and the speakers were one of the first Hemptones.

I have both PP and SET and they are different for sure. The monoblock part is up for debate though.

Thanks again,
Louis

sambamaster

Re: no comments? Jazz Times on tube audio equipment
« Reply #3 on: 3 Jun 2006, 07:45 pm »
Quote from: Mike Doyle
It's the issue with Jimmy Smith on the cover....anybody read the column?
I found it a good think piece. Somewhat controversial. Push pull not so
accurate? Single (stereo) amp preferrable to mono blocs? Maybe I didn't 'get it' . Anybody read it?  Impressed with Omega speakers! Another congrats, Louis!

Howdy,
Just saw this and wanted to reply:
There is nothing in the article that pits a single (stereo) amp against mono blocs. Perhaps the headline the editor insisted on using was misleading. I tried to get him to change it but???  Anyway, the fact is, I own both also, but have always tended to own mono blocks for the obvious reasons.

Also, there wasn't enough room to heap enough praise on Omega, but believe me, I'm a believer in the Gospel according to Louis!  

Keep the faith, baby!

mike

Louis O

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jun 2006, 10:59 pm »
Hi Mike,

Many thanks and I really appreciate everything you have done for me and I couldn't be happier. The article was great and I look forward to seeing you in Denver. It should be a great time.

Thanks again,
Louis