New to the forum

Tweedle12

New to the forum
« on: 11 Apr 2024, 08:52 pm »
Hello everyone, I am a vintage HiFi enthusiast, who was fortunate to be in my late teens during the heyday of HiFi. I spent many hours listening to many systems in local dealers. I have built up a reasonable system that is a mixture of DIY and classic items infusing a Crofr Epoch pre amp, Radford STA15 power amp, Tannoy Cheviot speakers, various vinyl front ends including a fairly recent Linn LP12 and various TDA1541A DAC-based digital sources.

I hope to connect with folk with similar interests here. Thanks for having me.

Blackmore

Re: New to the forum
« Reply #1 on: 11 Apr 2024, 10:03 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle. That's quite a collection of vintage gear.  Nice :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 12 Apr 2024, 01:59 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC   :thumb: 

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 12 Apr 2024, 02:23 am »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:
Check the Vintage Circle:
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=38.0

Uncledd

« Reply #4 on: 13 Apr 2024, 07:00 am »
Hi all. Im a new audio enthusiast and I’m looking to build a system using the Magnepan 1.7i. Does anyone have any experience with gr research crossover kits?

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 13 Apr 2024, 12:00 pm »
Welcome!

toocool4

« Reply #6 on: 13 Apr 2024, 01:43 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle Tweedle12

Phil A

« Reply #7 on: 13 Apr 2024, 01:48 pm »
Hi all. Im a new audio enthusiast and I’m looking to build a system using the Magnepan 1.7i. Does anyone have any experience with gr research crossover kits?

After 3 posts, the search function is available for your use - https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=search  (and you can search the GR Research for terms like Magnepan)

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #8 on: 14 Apr 2024, 01:39 am »
Unfortunately with this kind of complex 3-way crossover and low efficiency speakers that needs a security fuse and tweeter attenuator, you will need a big amp and large room, say minimum 200W amp that can drive 86dB and 4Ω (3Ω for most of the range). Best luck
« Last Edit: 14 Apr 2024, 03:37 am by FullRangeMan »

Tweedle12

« Reply #9 on: 14 Apr 2024, 03:54 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle Tweedle12

Thanks guys