New PEQ1• MKII Phono Preamp!

CIAudio

New PEQ1• MKII Phono Preamp!
« on: 21 Jul 2014, 01:05 am »
We get several requests for a new phono preamp since we discontinued the VPP-1 a few years ago.
I've been developing a higher performance model over the last year and it's getting close to production.
This new model is very open, detailed, dynamic, with excellent imaging and extremely low noise.
We expect it to compete sonically with anything up to $3000.

The new model will be called PEQ-1 MKII. It uses 2 identical layout mono circuits with very high grade parts.
All filtering capacitors are 2% tolerance polypropylene, resistors are 1% tolerance with ultra low noise PRP in critical parts of the circuit. The layout uses extremely short signal paths & star grounding for lowest noise.

Power supply circuitry consists of an AC input rectified by a discrete schottky diode bridge, followed by a regulation circuit and discrete noise shunt components. PEQ will come with a 850mA AC transformer, which can be upgraded to our matching AC-15 high current power supply. This new supply has selectable AC input voltage, front panel power switch, capacitor & CMC filtering.

PEQ will have a variety of cartridge loading options via pear panel DIP switches.
Gain can also be selected by the switches... 45dB for MM or high output MC, 65dB for low output moving coil.
Custom gains can be done easily via resistor value change.

Cost for PEQ-1 will be $899 with standard PSU, add $279 for AC-15.
As with all MKII products, warranty is 5 years parts and labor.

More info to follow as we get closer to production.
« Last Edit: 3 Oct 2014, 02:49 am by CIAudio »

mjalazard

Re: New PEQ-1 MKII Phono Preamp!
« Reply #1 on: 14 Sep 2014, 06:40 pm »
Thanks for the heads up Dusty!
I'm looking forward to seeing it!
Mike

Scroof Neachy

• I like to smell stuff
« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2014, 07:15 pm »
Will it have a volume pot for direct hook-up to a power amp?

CIAudio

« Reply #3 on: 14 Sep 2014, 08:15 pm »

Will it have a volume pot for direct hook-up to a power amp?

nope, it is meant to be used with a a preamplifier.