New guy introduction

jazzchaos

New guy introduction
« on: 21 Jan 2011, 08:25 pm »
Hi folks...I am new around here!

I have a M901 loaded with the battery pack and tube buffer on the way. After of years of putting up with my surround system, I am now getting rid of everything and building a 2 channel system.

I just picked up a new turntable and phono stage that will hopefully pair well with the M901. I am also in the market for a pair of high efficiency speakers. any recommendations?

Thanks!!

Sean

PSB Guy

Re: New guy introduction
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jan 2011, 10:19 pm »

I just picked up a new turntable and phono stage that will hopefully pair well with the M901. I am also in the market for a pair of high efficiency speakers. any recommendations?

I've got a pair of Tekton Design Lores on the way (98 dB/w/m), there's the Zu Omen, which Zu have actually paired up with Virtue amps on their website, and the Horn Shoppe stuff is also intriguing. There's lots of options, I can't wait to hear the Lores with my M901 (and I really wish I could change my username here, very short-sighted on my part  :slap:).

Cornelis

dboulet

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jan 2011, 11:01 pm »
I've also heard good things about Omega stuff, though I've never heard them.

Make sure to let us know what you think of the Lores Cornelis!

Will2

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jan 2011, 11:25 pm »
Check out the stuff from Duke at AudioKinesis.  He has a circle here you could look through - but give him a call and see what he thinks.  He is a great guy and I don't think he has all his products on his web site.

jazzchaos

« Reply #4 on: 23 Jan 2011, 01:25 am »
cool...audiokinesis appears to be in NOLA. I will be there visiting soon. looks like nice stuff!

FYI...I have ordered the flavor-of-the-day and taken advantage of the Zu Omen promo price and 60 day return. we'll see how they work with the M901.

thanks!!

Sean

jimdgoulding

« Reply #5 on: 23 Jan 2011, 02:32 am »
Used to be in NOLA.  Idaho now.

jazzchaos

« Reply #6 on: 23 Jan 2011, 02:41 am »
darn! hey...I learned a heck of a lot from the 1st 2 paragraphs on your website jimdgoulding.

Sean

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #7 on: 23 Jan 2011, 02:47 am »
Welcome to the family Sean!!!! I'm Ed and I'll be your cruise director for this............... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

jazzchaos

« Reply #8 on: 23 Jan 2011, 04:15 am »
Thanks! my guitar gear habit will be taking a backseat for a few months!

Sean

PSB Guy

« Reply #9 on: 23 Jan 2011, 04:29 am »
I've also heard good things about Omega stuff, though I've never heard them.
Make sure to let us know what you think of the Lores Cornelis!
Absolutely, and pictures too  :thumb:.

Cornelis

E4T

• drummer, specialty coffee, music obsessed
« Reply #10 on: 23 Jan 2011, 08:06 am »
Hi Sean!  Welcome...I'm new too.  Just ordered a Two.2.  Can't wait.  It will be great to read your impressions while I am breaking in as well.

Mama Virtue

« Reply #11 on: 24 Jan 2011, 04:21 pm »
Welcome to Virtue! I think you'll just fall in love with you M901, especially after you've cleared the 100+ hrs of listening! (tube buffer takes a little time to break in)

brother love

« Reply #12 on: 24 Jan 2011, 05:13 pm »
... I have a M901 loaded with the battery pack and tube buffer on the way. After of years of putting up with my surround system, I am now getting rid of everything and building a 2 channel system.

It would help if you give your room dimensions, listening preferences, and sound levels. And if a subwoofer is planned ...

I have a Dodd tube buffer M-451 coupled w/ GR Research N2X bookshelf speakers (85 dB eff. @ 1m) run full range & a Rythmik Audio F12G servo sub (self-powered w/ xover @ 45 hz).  My room size is 17' x 11' x 8'.  I easily  reach 85 dB sound levels w/ the M-451 volume level @ 12 o'clock max w/ no clipping or strain & great dynamics.

Oh, & welcome aboard !  :green:

wsturner

« Reply #13 on: 24 Jan 2011, 06:02 pm »
Hey Zman,

Any updates on the Z-Cables that you were working on?

wsturner

« Reply #14 on: 24 Jan 2011, 07:05 pm »
Makes complete sense Zman.

Thanks,
Scott

BTW...I don't think Seth really minds  :)

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=78930.msg772547#msg772547.

dvenardos

« Reply #15 on: 25 Jan 2011, 03:50 am »
I am a fan of the GR research Neo line. I have heard the Neo 2X with the Virtue Two classic and it is a really nice combo. The N3 gives you higher sensitivity. There is a pair for sale on audiocircle right now.
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=89577.0

Obriendigital

« Reply #16 on: 22 Jul 2011, 02:46 am »
Good thread here, I too am new to the site, but am totally interested in Virtue equipment.  I am planning to build some GR research speakers.  Not sure on which ones yet.  I am also learning about power supplies, advice on what to go with here would be great.