Newbie navigating the audiophile universe

willjk

Newbie navigating the audiophile universe
« on: 30 Jan 2024, 12:24 am »
Greetings all and glad I found AudioCircle!

I have a respectable what I describe as a “upper budget” 2.1 system in my main living area that I use for both audio/video.  I’m looking to move on from my class D integrated amp for a few reasons and trying to narrow the choices down to just a few is tough! So much good (and bad) information and opinions out there.

I found this forum researching one of the site sponsors.  Thanks in advance for any help in my search! 

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Newbie navigating the audiophile universe
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jan 2024, 12:40 am »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:
How much Watts do you need?
There is the Orchard GanFet 150W $1600.
https://orchardaudio.com/shop/starkrimson_150w_gan_amp/#

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jan 2024, 12:45 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC   :thumb:

snaimpally

« Reply #3 on: 30 Jan 2024, 01:12 am »
Greetings all and glad I found AudioCircle!

I have a respectable what I describe as a “upper budget” 2.1 system in my main living area that I use for both audio/video.  I’m looking to move on from my class D integrated amp for a few reasons and trying to narrow the choices down to just a few is tough! So much good (and bad) information and opinions out there.

I found this forum researching one of the site sponsors.  Thanks in advance for any help in my search!

Welcome! If you want to move away from Class D, check out Van Alstine. They have state of the art solid state (MOSFETs replicate the sound of tubes) and hybrid (best of tubes and solid state) amps. Note that the Orchard Starkrimson is considered a Class D amp.