Image Depth?

Saturn94

Re: Image Depth?
« Reply #40 on: 7 Dec 2010, 02:45 pm »
Had the house to myself yesterday so I tried a couple of the suggestions mentioned here.  I covered the TV and moved the table out of the room.

I can't say I noticed much difference in soundstage depth, but there was a noticable improvement in image focus.  Covering the TV seemed to have the most effect.  Moving the table didn't change things much, perhaps because of the books, plant, etc. that normally sits on it break up any reflections.

I'll see if I can come up with an inexpensive decor friendly solution.

Nuance

« Reply #41 on: 7 Dec 2010, 06:44 pm »
That's good news concerning the table.  Most couples won't go to the extreme of losing the coffee table.  I said I'd do it, but my wife would probably punish me for it. :)  If it didn't make a difference to your ears, definitely don't bother with it (keep it put).

I look forward to seeing your "TV cover" solution.

Saturn94

« Reply #42 on: 7 Dec 2010, 08:57 pm »
That's good news concerning the table.  Most couples won't go to the extreme of losing the coffee table.  I said I'd do it, but my wife would probably punish me for it. :)  If it didn't make a difference to your ears, definitely don't bother with it (keep it put).

I look forward to seeing your "TV cover" solution.

The key part of being able to move the table was "I had the house to myself". :shh: :wink: It has to go back in place though. :(  At least its impact can be kept to a minimum.

As far as the TV, I'll first look at my options to wall mount it, then see what kind of movable screen (or curtains?) might work to deal with the reflections when I want to do some serious listening.  I was hoping that wall mounting alone would be sufficient, but looking at mounts that would work for me it doesn't look like it will allow the TV to move more than a few inches back from its current position.