Best mods for a SB Touch- Digital Out only........................

Cut-Throat

I looked at Boulders website and there looked to be a few different mods and power supplies. I plan on using my touch with a Tube Dac and was wondering what the most superior mods and power supply and ?? could be added to my touch? I only plan on using the digital out.

Wayne1

There is a mod listed for the Logitech Touch Digital only

Digital only Logitech Touch mod

For $300.00 this will get the most out of the Touch hardware.

The power supply can get more expensive. The difference between the power supplies can be subtle. The best bet for a high end system would be the Deluxe Power Supply. I just started offering this PS with a Bybee Music Rail installed. It is $800.00. The next level down is the Standard Supply for $525.00. Both can benefit from upgraded DC cables.

If you do not care to spend that much, a surplus ELPAC WM-220 or a Jerome Industries power supply will give you an improvement over the stock switching power supply. I do offer mods to improve the performance of either of those two supplies.

Lots of options and it can get confusing. Please feel free to PM, E-mail or call me to discuss what would best suit the needs of your system.

Cut-Throat

Thanks for the reply. Do you recommend any Tube DACS? --- I would guess that this is more important than the mods or the power supply?

Wayne1

Everything is important  :wink:

Getting rid of the switching power supply would be the most important thing to get the most out of the Logitech Touch.

The mods to the Touch do offer very good bang for the buck. There are some folks here that are very happy to just use an analog modded Touch with BOLDER PS into their integrated amps.

I happen to prefer the sound of the digital output of the modded Touch into a modded Eastern Electric DAC. There is a long thread here about the EE DAC and the mods I have come up with for it. There are also a few comments comparing the modded unit to the stock one and some other DACS.

Here is the long thread about the development of the mods. MusicMike had a chance to listen to it compared to his stock EE DAC and he should be writing up a review on it for stereomojo.com.

There are lots of threads, and reviews about the EE DAC. In stock form, I think it is one of the best sounding DACs for the money available today. You can have lots of fun with tube rolling 12AU7s.

With the mods, the DAC could be one of the best sounding DACs for under $5,000.00