Revised Gallo 3.5 release date? Reason?

djbnh

Revised Gallo 3.5 release date? Reason?
« on: 10 Dec 2009, 11:09 am »
Any input out there regarding the revised release date of the Gallo 3.5s? I believe the 3.5s were originally slated to come out this summer. Thus, it appears Gallo is a few weeks shy of being a couple quarters past the release date. No news why release is being postponed.

Not much material on the web or the Gallo site.

Barry_NJ

• So much media... So little time...
Re: Revised Gallo 3.5 release date? Reason?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Dec 2009, 05:09 am »
I may be able to get you an answer after this weekend...

jimdgoulding

« Reply #2 on: 14 Dec 2009, 05:45 am »
Intriging design.  Being taller and larger than the 3.1's, I imagine that's how they will play and than that could make them a better full range speaker.

Barry_NJ

« Reply #3 on: 15 Dec 2009, 12:36 am »
I spoke to Anthony, one thing he said, was that he was miss-quoted with the 2009 2nd/3rd quarter release date, and it was always more likely 3rd/4th quarter. But there were some production delays, and he was trying some different things regarding the bases. The design of the base is finalized now, and the speaker is in production. I'm guessing, as Anthony wouldn't give me a date, that they should be available not to long after CES.

Jim, regarding the size of the speaker, the 3.5 is built in the same chassis as the 3.1 was, and the overall size will be near identical between the two, though differences in the base may make a slight difference in the overall height.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #4 on: 15 Dec 2009, 12:59 am »
I spoke to Anthony, one thing he said, was that he was miss-quoted with the 2009 2nd/3rd quarter release date, and it was always more likely 3rd/4th quarter. But there were some production delays, and he was trying some different things regarding the bases. The design of the base is finalized now, and the speaker is in production. I'm guessing, as Anthony wouldn't give me a date, that they should be available not to long after CES.

Jim, regarding the size of the speaker, the 3.5 is built in the same chassis as the 3.1 was, and the overall size will be near identical between the two, though differences in the base may make a slight difference in the overall height.
Oh, I thought I had read differently somewhere.  Is there another model that is?  Thanks.

Barry_NJ

« Reply #5 on: 15 Dec 2009, 04:27 am »
Oh, I thought I had read differently somewhere.  Is there another model that is?  Thanks.

The Reference 5LS is a 6' 6" tall line array.
I've heard them a couple of times, and they're quite impressive in both sound and appearance but a far more expensive speaker than the Reference 3.5...

jimdgoulding

« Reply #6 on: 15 Dec 2009, 05:34 am »
Oh my goodness!  But, no, that not it.  Don't remember what magazine but they were taller and the model featured was black.  I remember the reviewer, tho it may have been just a capsule, saying (I think) that the added height would make the ribbons more ear height.