*SOLD* LS-9 / CLS-9 Extreme outboard crossovers w/ BMS

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
I have a pair of matched, custom outboard crossovers that were built for a pair of CLS-9/LS-9 speakers that never came about. They are the same crossovers currently being used in Arthurs CLS-9 loudspeakers that most people here have heard about. They are house in 3/4" solid Bubinga enclosures but I can build new enclosures to match or contrast your speakers.

I know there are not a lot of these speakers out there yet but for those who are waiting on a pair or building your own, here are some crossovers to save you some time.

Details:

* Mundorf Silver/Gold high pass filter capacitors.
 * Mundorf Silver/Gold bypass capacitors
      (Over $600 in Mundorf capacitors)
 * Mundorf copper foil inductors in the low pass filter (series woofer inductor)
 * SoniCap capacitors in all other applications
 * Goertz copper foil inductors throughout rest of circuit
 * Erse I-core inductor in BMS (bass management system)
 * Mills resistors in critical applications
 * High quality resistors in BMS
 * 5 position bass management system allowing on-the-fly bass management adjustment.
 * High quality speaker binding post
 * Speak-On output connectors (high pass and low pass)
 * Point to point wired
 * Bubinga enclosures
 * Fully assembled and tested (we built a pair of 2-way test speakers for these crossovers)
 * Weight: 26 lbs - pair
 * Shipping weight - 35 lbs +/-

Custom umbilical cords will be built to your preference using wire of your choice. You may have to provide the wire if using an exotic wire inside your speakers that I do not have. I do have JPS Alumiloy wiring if anyone out there is building there own and using this wire. Umbilical cords will utilize Speak-On connectors at the crossovers and your choice of Speak-On connectors or banana plugs/spades at speaker end.

Asking $1,950 for the pair including JPS Alumiloy wired umbilical cords (up to 3 feet)

« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2009, 08:06 pm by Response Audio »

arthurs

Re: For Sale** LS-9 / CLS-9 Extreme outboard crossovers w/ BMS
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2009, 04:44 pm »
If you are building a pair of 9's (or thinking about it) these are just outstanding networks...a steal at that price.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #2 on: 17 Feb 2009, 12:22 am »
Here are a few pictures. The Bubinga has no finished on it at this time. Notice the removable top that slides in a 1/4" groove. Also notice the back is done in a mirror configuration.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #3 on: 17 Feb 2009, 07:40 pm »
SOLD