Black nOrh 9.0s with anti rust screws...

jones rush

« on: 12 Aug 2003, 05:55 pm »

I received the Anti Rust screws today. What do you think of this ?. Michael told me that the anti rust screws only come in silver color. Do you think it looks good with my black 9.0s ?. I'm not sure what to think yet...

For comparison, here is my 9.0s with the normal screws:
It looks so different now. I'm not sure if it adds or detract from their looks. One time it looks kind of like a good match for the silver legs, and it gives it kind of a stylish high tech look. Other times, it just look like a cheap DIY project.
At first glance, my sister preferred the black screws. Then she kind of changed her mind... I wonder what Namphung would have said...

Anyway, I want to thank Michael for sending me the screws very fast, and free of charge!!!.

MaxCast

« Reply #1 on: 12 Aug 2003, 06:22 pm »
Maybe a polished brass :?:

nathanm

« Reply #2 on: 12 Aug 2003, 08:36 pm »
Cool, that was my plan when I had my 7.0s but I never got around to it.  I do like the chrome\black contrast. The bolts on the grille would have to be swapped too for full effect, I think.

texasphile

Black nOrh 9.0s with Shiny Screw Heads
« Reply #3 on: 13 Aug 2003, 12:01 am »
You may wish to try using a black marking pen such as the Sanford Permanent Marker on the face of the screws.  If you don't like the blacked out look just use lighter fluid to remove the ink.  That way you can try both appearances and choose the better looking of the two.

jones rush

Re: Black nOrh 9.0s with Shiny Screw Heads
« Reply #4 on: 13 Aug 2003, 02:35 am »
Quote from: texasphile
You may wish to try using a black marking pen such as the Sanford Permanent Marker on the face of the screws.  If you don't like the blacked out look just use lighter fluid to remove the ink.  That way you can try both appearances and choose the better looking of the two.

Actually, I'm starting to like the way it looks. It glows in the light, it looks like diamonds on the black background... We'll see.

Phat Phreddy

• http://www.PhatPhreddy.net
« Reply #5 on: 21 Aug 2003, 04:28 pm »
LOL i went through the same issues as you but in reverse...

I was sent 9's with the silver screws (and silver allen key locking grills)...

I later bought a 5th 9 to make a full 5.1 system of black 9's and recieved one with differing grill combo... Even though it was a minor issue Norh being true to form and custopmer service par excellance sent me speaker screws and grill screws for all 5 in black...

These I replaced all round but now in the steamy asian humidity have started to get some rust... I have enough black ones to replace the rusty ones and will do so...

Personally I much prefered the all black look...