Adobe Pro

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
Adobe Pro
« on: 11 May 2007, 01:37 am »
Any opinions on Adobe Pro program. I do not see it mentioned much. Does it cost too much? How good is it? Anybody use it?

thanks
rollo

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Re: Adobe Pro
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2007, 02:15 am »
Is it photo, drawing, video or what?

Watson

« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2007, 02:18 am »
You don't see it mentioned much because there is no program or product called Adobe Pro.

boead

« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2007, 04:23 am »
You don't see it mentioned much because there is no program or product called Adobe Pro.
Yeah they make lots of different programs for desktop publishing, video editing and recently they bought Macromedia who are a top choice in web development tools (Flash, Dreamweaver, Shockwave). Most people have the Free Abobe Acrobat Reader on their PC’s and have heard of Photoshop. Adobe tends to use the word Pro or Professional on product groups like CS which usually include lots of different applications and/or fully bundled versions.

I use Adobe CS2 Professional and Adobe Premier Pro 2.0 which include about 6 or 7 applications worth about $2000 or more.

jrebman

« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2007, 05:05 pm »
Rollo,

Are you taking about the pro video suite, which contains Audition 2.0 -- the audio editing program?

If so, what is your need with Audition?  I ask because Adobe is about to, or may already have, separated Audition out from the suite and is now including a stripped-down audio editor called SoundBooth, which is generally more appropriate to video production than Audition.

Audition will once again be a stand-alone audio editor aimed at the higher-end amateur/pro recording engineer market.  The next phase of that development is just starting, so it will be a while before Audition gets a facelift.  I can't say any more than that as I'm under an NDA.  What I've disclosed here is been publicly announced.

Also, if you don't know, Audition is the former CoolEdit Pro 2.1 which Adobe bought from Syntrillium a few years back.  They did a minor facelift (essentially to Adobe brand it) and released CEP as Audition 1.0.  Then they added more capability but kept the same basic interface, added VST plug-in capability, and called it Audition 1.5.  Then they completely changed the user interface, made it much more complex, integrated it into the pro video production suite, and that was 2.0.  FYI.

-- Jim