Lone Star Bottleheads meeting in Plano Texas.

Wardsweb

Lone Star Bottleheads meeting in Plano Texas.
« on: 20 Feb 2007, 04:19 am »
We will be meeting March 3rd for anyone around Dallas/FortWorth or those up to making the drive. I'll be coming in from San Antonio and I know some guys are coming from Houston. You can find out more on the LSB website

I will be bringing several items.
My trusty 6DN7. This one has always been well received.

Then my LM3875 chip amp that has made many a believer in digital technology.

My latest and one my greatest finds, the Winsome Labs Mouse amp. This thing is amazing.
« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2007, 05:04 am by brj »

brj

Re: Lone Star Bottleheads meeting in Plano Texas.
« Reply #1 on: 22 Feb 2007, 05:07 am »
Wardsweb, thanks for the link - it sounds like it should be a good meet!  You keep giving me more gear to look up! :wink:

Hope you don't mind, but I edited your link to the LSB website to fix a couple of typos.

I checked the meeting link and saw the speakers listed.  Is there a description covering the rest of the system?

Thanks!

FredT300B

• Facilitator
« Reply #2 on: 22 Feb 2007, 11:41 am »
I checked the meeting link and saw the speakers listed.  Is there a description covering the rest of the system?
Thanks!

Bob's main room will include the MaxxHorn Immersion Loudspeakers, modified Berning Zh-270, Vacuum State 'Level 5 plus' modified Sony 9000 DVD/CD player, and Rega P3 & Sony PS-X600 (Biotracer Arm) turntables. Two other rooms will be available for members' equipment and special audio projects.

Spirit

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 22 Feb 2007, 10:59 pm »
Thanks!

Bob's main room will include the MaxxHorn Immersion Loudspeakers, modified Berning Zh-270, Vacuum State 'Level 5 plus' modified Sony 9000 DVD/CD player, and Rega P3 & Sony PS-X600 (Biotracer Arm) turntables. Two other rooms will be available for members' equipment and special audio projects.

Howdy y'all from Toronto, in Canada!
I was hoping that someone in you group could let me know who is the owner of the Sony 9000 modded unit that you mention on your post.  I was researching this mod and was wanting to get some first hand opinions.
Thanks

shooter

« Reply #4 on: 22 Feb 2007, 11:08 pm »
Spirit,
Bob Spence the host of the meet is the owner of the player.

Wardsweb

« Reply #5 on: 2 Mar 2007, 01:04 pm »
Last call, the Lone Star Bottleheads meeting in Plano is tomorrow. See you there.

Wardsweb

« Reply #6 on: 5 Mar 2007, 03:26 am »

shooter

« Reply #7 on: 5 Mar 2007, 06:21 am »
Luther
Please make correction on photo album the Wiesner Radio amplifier, it is not 300b, what we listening to was Tungsol Type 50.

Wardsweb

« Reply #8 on: 5 Mar 2007, 02:01 pm »
My Bad, consider it done.

robert1325

« Reply #9 on: 5 Mar 2007, 02:25 pm »
Could anyone who has listened to that little mouse amp (winsome) describe it's sonic signature?   

I'm currently using a trends ta-10 ,   but this mouse amp uses the tk2050 chip wich is suposed to better  :scratch:

shooter

« Reply #10 on: 5 Mar 2007, 10:04 pm »
Hey Luther, no problem. The Wiesner is a convertable amp, so it could have gone either way.