About time for a meeting?

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
About time for a meeting?
« on: 26 Sep 2006, 06:32 pm »
Summer vacation season is over.  Should we have another MAAC gathering before the holiday season descends on us?  I am willing to have another one but I am sure some of you are getting tired of listening to my same system over and over and I have limited space.  Any volunteers?  I will donate a thousand or two LPs for free grabs with the host getting the first dip.  There are some good LPs (duplicates of keepers) in the bunch.   8) 8)

HChi

Re: About time for a meeting?
« Reply #1 on: 29 Sep 2006, 03:48 am »
I am always game for a night listening to great music!  :thumb:  This time I may also invite a friend that I met through Agon, who happens to live close to you.   If you guys want to try something else out other than listening to music, I can bring a couple different ICs or a few toys i.e. PS Noise Harvester and/or a CD demagnetizer to play with. Too bad my current listening arrangement is for two persons only.  aa Hopefully by this time next year, I would settle down on a house where I can accommodate a larger group.  Anyway, I will keep an eye out to what the group decides.

Woodsyi, by the way, which digital transport did you finally keep?

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 24 Oct 2006, 06:48 pm »
I don't want to call it an official meeting or anything.  I am going to have the house to myself on the weekend of November 4th.  So, I am going to notify the neighbors and test the limits of my system.  I don't believe I have loosened up all the woofers in my system yet.  Let's see.  I have  1600w for 2 15" and 2 12" actives on the subs and 2000w for the 4 10" woofers on the speakers.  There should be some air moving.  Last time we had the whiskey bottles shaking at around 100 dB.  Let's see what else I can shake this time.  Any interested please confirm with me so I know how many pairs of ear plugs I should have ready.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

duggie

« Reply #3 on: 26 Oct 2006, 01:06 pm »
hi woodsyi,

saturdays aren't good for me, but if you do this on sunday, i am game.   :wink:

thanks...
I don't want to call it an official meeting or anything.  I am going to have the house to myself on the weekend of November 4th.  So, I am going to notify the neighbors and test the limits of my system.  I don't believe I have loosened up all the woofers in my system yet.  Let's see.  I have  1600w for 2 15" and 2 12" actives on the subs and 2000w for the 4 10" woofers on the speakers.  There should be some air moving.  Last time we had the whiskey bottles shaking at around 100 dB.  Let's see what else I can shake this time.  Any interested please confirm with me so I know how many pairs of ear plugs I should have ready.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 26 Oct 2006, 01:27 pm »
I will be cranking both days so you are welcome Sunday afternoon.  Since, I just received the Silver Fi cables (Elixer, Shaman, Phrygian interconnect cables) for my two weeks of audition, you can hear them as well.  I think I will set up Bill's Musica Bella speakers for these since my big rig takes a lot of interconnects.  I will try the Duetto on Bellas too. 

duggie

« Reply #5 on: 27 Oct 2006, 10:29 pm »
thanks, woodsyi.  fwiw, my weekend plans seem to have changed, & now saturday actually looks better than sunday.  ah, the life of a soccer-dad!   :wink:

Dave G

« Reply #6 on: 27 Oct 2006, 11:13 pm »
Saturday November 4 works for me, too.  I've got the same soccer schedule issues you have, duggie, but our team has a bye that weekend.

Dave 

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: 28 Oct 2006, 01:27 am »
I should be home by 3 Saturday afternoon.  So let's say anytime from 3 on. 

HChi

« Reply #8 on: 29 Oct 2006, 01:21 am »
Please count me in tentatively.  Woodsyi, I have a CD compilation that is specifically for woof/subwoofer workout.  I will burn you a copy.

HChi

« Reply #9 on: 31 Oct 2006, 07:21 pm »
Hi Woodsyi,
Since a friend I met over Agon lived in Vienna, VA also and I am still not sure about Sat yet, do you mind if I give him the direction to your place, or do you prefer him to call you first instead? Thanks.

Howard

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: 31 Oct 2006, 07:26 pm »
Howard,

You can give him the directions and he is welcome but I would appreciate a note from him if he is coming.

Thanks.

Scottdazzle

« Reply #11 on: 1 Nov 2006, 07:25 pm »
Hello woodsyi,

I am the new guy Howard mentioned.  I would like to join you all Saturday afternoon.  Should I bring anything?

Scott
 :thumb:

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: 1 Nov 2006, 08:12 pm »
Hello woodsyi,

I am the new guy Howard mentioned.  I would like to join you all Saturday afternoon.  Should I bring anything?

Scott
 :thumb:

Welcome to AC Scott.  You just have to bring yourselft and the music you want to play.  I got everything eles.

P.S.  But if you happened to have some ubercables from Siltech or MIT, I would appreciate it a chance to compare it to the Silver Fi cables I have on hand.   :lol:

SWG255

« Reply #13 on: 2 Nov 2006, 01:59 am »
Woodsyi,

I know this will be a blast as usual, but I unfortunately will have to miss this gathering. Too many other commitments this coming weekend to spare the time Saturday afternoon and evening. I'll definetly take a rain check, or is that a barley wine check? :)

HChi

« Reply #14 on: 4 Nov 2006, 06:40 pm »
Woodsyi,
I won't be able to make it today. May you guys have a nice afternoon listening to great music. I will bring the cable over next time if still needed.

Howard

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #15 on: 6 Nov 2006, 12:29 am »
woodsyi.....Did you have the sound level meter out this weekend ? :lol:
What did it read...........

Chris

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #16 on: 6 Nov 2006, 06:27 pm »
Chris,

I had it out but I didn't get to move too much air.  We played a lot of vocal music and an average of about 82 dB with peaks hitting maybe 90 dB was the preference.  It was fun meeting new people and comparing Silver Fi cables.  I got a review on that comig soon.  I have to get my notes together.  Hint:  I agree and disagree with your findings.  :lol:  For staying past 2 AM, Den the chiropractor gave me a free neck adjustment.  It's freaky when you hear your neck crack and pop back in place and pain disappears.  :o  I still made my 7 AM tee time and had 5 birdies -- a pain free neck (and a light hangover) leads to better golf score. 

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #17 on: 7 Nov 2006, 03:52 am »
Chris,

I had it out but I didn't get to move too much air.  We played a lot of vocal music and an average of about 82 dB with peaks hitting maybe 90 dB was the preference.  It was fun meeting new people and comparing Silver Fi cables.  I got a review on that comig soon.  I have to get my notes together.  Hint:  I agree and disagree with your findings.  :lol:  For staying past 2 AM, Den the chiropractor gave me a free neck adjustment.  It's freaky when you hear your neck crack and pop back in place and pain disappears.  :o  I still made my 7 AM tee time and had 5 birdies -- a pain free neck (and a light hangover) leads to better golf score. 

Thanks woodsyi..... :thumb:

Hint:  I agree and disagree with your findings.
Excellent....nothing wrong with that.... 8)
I'll watch for your review..... :D

Chris

Den

« Reply #18 on: 8 Nov 2006, 08:31 am »
Happy to be of service.  :D

Thanks for being an excellent host, as usual.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #19 on: 8 Nov 2006, 01:48 pm »
Den,

I will have a full list of my creaky joints for your magic touch next time.  :lol:  I think my SWLP/TRPS will arrive by Turkeyday.  It will be fun to check it out.  I wonder if I can get that certain Delawarian to bring his SWL 9.0 SE to compare.   :wink:  Set aside a day in early December for a line and phono stage comparison.