Who has used Synergistic Research HFTs or similar

NoahH

Who has used Synergistic Research HFTs or similar
« on: 31 Mar 2022, 12:20 pm »
I know this is a solicitation of a review, not a review, but going through the circles list 3 times, there don't appear to be any fitting ones for accessories discussion outside power. Apologies but would be happy for a redirect.

I just saw the synergistic research HFT discs advertised again and know no one who has actually used them. Anyone here have experience?

dpatters

Re: Who has used Synergistic Research HFTs or similar
« Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 2022, 12:48 pm »
Of course this is just my opinion, but Synergistic Research and snake oil come to mind. YMMV.

Don P

G.Michael

« Reply #2 on: 31 Mar 2022, 01:56 pm »
As for Synergistic Research, I've used the ECT (for electromagnet fields) and the XOT (for crossover noise), both to good effect.  Not dramatic, but significant.

I've not used the HFT, but I do have a lot of experience with acoustical treatments.  I have a lot of acoustical panels hanging on the walls in my listening space. 

And well, it's a lot easier to put those little HFT on the walls, and a lot easier to move them around.  I think that if you try them, you'll very quickly know how effective they are.

ric

« Reply #3 on: 31 Mar 2022, 03:00 pm »
Yes, I found some HFT's used, tried them and kept them. I am using three on top of my dac and one each at the tweeter on my speakers. I use many so called snake oil products and I gladly spend my money when my ears hear an improvement in sound quality.
Some of the brands I use:
Synergistic Research: orange fuses  HFT's, and one PHT(?) on the TT cartridge,
 High Fidelity Cables, their MC-0.5 blew my mind when I first tried two and since then I am using DIY magnets as well to good affect, as well as an adapter in line with IC's.
Bybee Technologies: Quantum Signal Enhancers--similar to HFT's in that they are cumulative (the more you use the better the sound) and a real holy sh*t moment is their V2, expensive but powerful.
Tweek Geek's Quantum Science Audio: specifically their duplex outlet which I highly recommend, kind of like when you listen late at night when your system just sounds right, only more so!
IsoAcoustics: Gaia's under everything, speakers too!

At this point in my system, I think I am maxed out as far as tweeks go, and my system still has me going, "man that sounds so good!"
I don't know if I can tell you what tweek would work best for you, but most if not all of the above offer money back returns on your snake oil dollars! Tweek geek even let me keep the original (lesser priced) duplex outlet to A-B against the higher priced one--I kept the latter.
If you are basically happy with sound of your system and want to fine tune it then tweeks are in my experience mandatory (along with room treatment) to get the best out of you sound!
-Good luck!

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #4 on: 31 Mar 2022, 08:51 pm »
Completely agree with ric. I did the HFTs and also benefited from the full loom of SR PC’s, IC’s and SC’s. Atmosphere level 1 is sufficient for me. Powercell UEF SE made the biggest difference in my system with my front end and the amp directly into a dedicated outlet. Also Gais on my M3 Sapphires as well as my other components. Room treatments were still a must.

Bob Stark

« Reply #5 on: 23 Apr 2022, 08:48 pm »
Hey Noah,

I have the PHT's that go on cartridges, been through the Blue, Orange, and will now have the Purple fuses from SR, and I have 9 of the UEF panels & 10 UEF dots.  The fuses are an awesome upgrade as I need 6 in my system.  The PHT's make the cartridge sound like I paid 50% more for it than I did.  The UEF panels made a very significant difference in the room sound with much more ambience, presence, detail and dynamics after adding the panels and dots.  I also have many black boxes that enhance the sound considerably and go in many places in my system.  I'm sure the products you are interested in will be a great room treatment and are very unobtrusive to boot.

Bob

NoahH

« Reply #6 on: 23 Apr 2022, 09:21 pm »
I really appreciate all the feedback here!