BOLDER-built preamp and phono stage

Wayne1

« on: 16 Oct 2004, 05:57 pm »
Here are a couple of pictures of the Hagerman Clarinet and Cornet I built to use at RMAF

They both use Jim Hagerman's excellent circuit boards. The cases are built by IAG with Bubinga side panels. The knobs on the Clarinet are made from Cocobolo by "some young guy".

They both are built with Riken Ohm resistors in the signal path and the Clarinet uses Mundorf Silver Supreme Silver foil in oil coupling caps while the phono stage uses Jensen Copper foil in oil.

These are highly custom creations and sound wonderful.

If anyone is interested in having me build them one, the cost would be $1500.00 per Clarinet or Cornet. Tubes and power cables are extra. There are options available on the side panels.

Please contact me by PM or E-mail

some young guy

« Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2004, 06:55 pm »
:o wow wayne, beautiful work. looks like the Thingamaknobs are a nice match. i'd love to hear it. do you have any pix of the internals?

dvb

« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2004, 10:17 pm »
What transformer are your using?

Wayne1

« Reply #3 on: 18 Oct 2004, 01:57 pm »

Here is the stuffed circuit board prior to installing in the Clarinet.
 Nice, simple, layout with the Riken Ohm resistors and Mundorf caps for both coupling and bypass.

Here is the Cornet with the board installed. You can see the Jensen coupling caps and Multicap bypass caps take up a bit more real estate.

The transformers are Hammond 370 BX for the Clarinet and 270 BX for the Cornet.

The front panel of the IAG case sits more forward then the Hagerman case. Mike Galusha made me some shaft extensions so the Thingamaknobs would fit for RMAF. The ones I ordered 2 weeks ago showed up Friday.