Force Vs. Titan For Two Channel

John151

« on: 29 Aug 2004, 06:06 pm »
I have an all Magnepan system (5) and am looking for two subs.  The HiFi/HT room was designed by an Accoustical Engineer for the Maggies,  with the focus on two channel audio.  

My research has led to me ACI.  The design allows for either 1 or 2 subs.  I am wondering if two Force subs would be better than a single Titan sub.  Note that If I go with 2 subs, they will be across the room from another (on either side of the listening position).  

I prefer very tight bass, and am looking for a musical sub, not for earthquake type sound effects.

Thanks, John

Eric

« Reply #1 on: 29 Aug 2004, 11:26 pm »
Hi John,

Welcome to the forum. My understanding is that the sonic signature of the force is almost identical to the Titan. The main difference is SPL capacity. My take is you are always better off with 2 subs rather than one. ACI subs are very fast and the bass is very musical. It is not overpowering

John151

Just placed my order
« Reply #2 on: 31 Aug 2004, 03:25 am »
Eric - Thanks for your input.

Just placed my order for two Force subs.

I will post back when I get this puppies configured.

John151

« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2004, 12:41 am »
I just set up my two Force subs.  Very attractive and well made.  Have not spent much time tweaking, but we quickly got them dialed in for A/V to the point where they sound pretty darn good.  

Next up will be getting them to work with Music.

Eric

« Reply #4 on: 12 Oct 2004, 03:23 am »
Please keep us informed of your impressions