Free download of the24/96 VMPS Live versus Recorded Sessions

John Casler

In case some don't visit the VMPS circle, each year for the last several, we have a Live Performance versus Recorded Performance DEMO in Vegas. 

This year we are able to make the Recorded Performances available for download.  The files available are 24/96 resolution.

They are quite good and very realistic (which of course is the goal) to what was actually heard in the room.

If you are interested in that type of thing, please email me your email address andI will place you on the download list.  Right now it is a little time sensitive in that WE TRANSFER (the host site) only gives you 2 weeks of free transfers. I think we have about a week left.

The information regarding the recordings can be found HERE

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: Free download of the24/96 VMPS Live versus Recorded Sessions
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jan 2012, 05:13 pm »
John, it was great to catch up with you at the Show.  Thanks for offering them on my Circle.  I'd love to hear these demos; email sent.  Oh, and Bob said to say hi back to you as well.  :)

John Casler

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jan 2012, 09:02 pm »
John, it was great to catch up with you at the Show.  Thanks for offering them on my Circle.  I'd love to hear these demos; email sent.  Oh, and Bob said to say hi back to you as well.  :)

Hi Ted,

No problem and I hope all your "HI REZ" guys enjoy the performances, and intention of the DEMO.

We have done this for several years, but this year, the number of Audiophiles with computer oriented source abilities and our now ability to "send/transfer" these files makes offering them easy.

Yours are on the way.

mlbrand

« Reply #3 on: 29 Jan 2012, 12:41 am »
Email sent. I really look forward to hearing these, and thanks for giving us the chance! :thumb:

griff2

« Reply #4 on: 29 Jan 2012, 04:02 pm »
..I hope all your "HI REZ" guys enjoy the performances, and intention of the DEMO.

We have done this for several years, but this year, the number of Audiophiles with computer oriented source abilities and our now ability to "send/transfer" these files makes offering them easy..

Just downloaded the files and I have to say they do sound fantastic.   :thumb: 

Audioclyde

« Reply #5 on: 29 Jan 2012, 04:22 pm »
I just completed the download as well--the piano on Black Coffee sounds absolutely stunning!

Thank you very much!

Randy

John Casler

« Reply #6 on: 29 Jan 2012, 07:47 pm »
So glad all are enjoying the cuts.  Finally some get to hear "uncompressed" simple miked LIVE recordings.  Thanks for the nice comments. :green:

mlbrand

« Reply #7 on: 29 Jan 2012, 08:09 pm »
Downloaded the file last night, converted to FLAC and listened through my Squeezebox Touch. I am impressed. These sound very, very good!

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #8 on: 29 Jan 2012, 08:55 pm »
Yes, the tracks are very very nice.  I was in the room for awhile so I can now picture it much better in my head as these play.  :)

Chromisdesigns

• Darla, our beach cat, contemplating the sea
    • Fine-gemstones.com
« Reply #9 on: 18 Feb 2012, 11:33 pm »
How many tracks are supposed to be in the download, and what is the total file size?

I got my download OK, file size about 1.54 G, but there are only 13 tracks once it is unzipped -- 1-7, and 37-42.

Is this what I was supposed to get?

rbbert

« Reply #10 on: 19 Feb 2012, 12:41 am »
yes

John Casler

« Reply #11 on: 19 Feb 2012, 12:50 am »
Just checking back in to see how the downloads are going, and hope all are enjoying them.

I posted pics and track info in the main thread for those interested.

As Ted mentioned being in the room, gives one perspective as to the set up.

As well it can be helpful to have the track list.

Maybe I can attach them here:

Looks like that worked.

Dave was one of the Recording Engineers and had his own gear.  While he is an amateur I think in many (if not most) ways his recordings sound more "real" than the geneal "live" recordings out there.

In the other thread Dave mentiond a couple small errors in the listing, but that shouldn't reduce your enjoyment.

Chromisdesigns

• Darla, our beach cat, contemplating the sea
    • Fine-gemstones.com
« Reply #12 on: 19 Feb 2012, 01:18 am »
Downloaded the file last night, converted to FLAC and listened through my Squeezebox Touch. I am impressed. These sound very, very good!

Yep, I agree.  Just got finished listening to them.  Had to use the internal dac on the SB Touch, though -- my ancient Theta Cobalt doesn't support 24/96.  But they sounded great, nonetheless!

Thanks!

Housteau

« Reply #13 on: 23 Feb 2012, 04:30 am »
I just noticed this thread.  I am really glad to read that everyone has been enjoying the recordings.  My only regret about making them is that the time went by so quickly in Vegas, and it would have been great to have had just a little more.

This We Transfer works well.  I am going to consider putting up some more of my recordings if some of you think you would be interested.  I mostly do singer songwriter types in small clubs as well as some bands, some classical, etc.  However, it is rare to have such complete control over a space as we do in Vegas.  So, these recordings have more of the live environment baggage, but they also have a special you are there feel to them, warts and all.

I make these for myself because I enjoy the sound of honest unprocessed music in my room.  It helps to keep me grounded.  Real live music may not always be pretty, but when recorded properly it is honest to the event.

wisnon

« Reply #14 on: 24 Feb 2012, 06:42 pm »
Thanks John

Much appreciated. Feedback later.

rms

« Reply #15 on: 30 Mar 2012, 03:06 pm »
Hey John and Housteau - I am really enjoying these recordings, great job! Looking forward to hearing more, thank you!

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #16 on: 30 Mar 2012, 03:27 pm »

Thanks John for making that available.

Do you have the music in a friendly 16/44.1 format?

Rocket_Ronny

John Casler

« Reply #17 on: 4 Apr 2012, 11:09 pm »
Thanks John for making that available.

Do you have the music in a friendly 16/44.1 format?

Rocket_Ronny

Thanks all, and hi Rocket Ronny,

I don't have any 16/44 files but I know some have said they will down-convert.  That process is above my pay grade so I can't make suggestions, but this particular CIRCLE should be "expert rich" to that process.

I might also add that I regret the download portal has run its course and expired.  I have a few of you who wanted to get them, and if I can find the time to upload them again, I will notify you.

I could be wrong, but I think Dave (Housteau above) was also looking to see if there was any interest in some of his other recordings.  I have some and they are excellent (if you truly like LIVE Hi-Rez recordings)