Just Starting with isolation technology

Fugazi

Just Starting with isolation technology
« on: 30 Jan 2012, 01:01 am »

I am new to Herbies product line and would like to get some suggestions on how best to isolate my system. I currently use a
Salamander system rack on a hardwood floor with flat feet
Avanti Gradient 2 way Speakers on Target Audio metal speaker stands with  hard wood buttons on bottom of speakers and also between stands and floor.
Carver ZR1000 balanced amp
Music Hall MMF-9 TT
Parasound P-3 balanced Pre amp
Oppo BDP-95 Balanced Univ disc player
Pioneer Kuro 1020 Plasma TV
Yamaha K-1020 Cassette

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
Re: Just Starting with isolation technology
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jan 2012, 01:36 am »
Hi, Fugazi. I suggest considering four Tenderfoot isolation feet each for the amp, disc player, and cassette player. Grungebuster Dots under the TV stand. Four Square Fat Dots instead of the wood buttons between each speaker and stand. If you can, fill the speaker stands about 2/3 of the way up with playground sand. This should substantially improve the performance of your system.

Best regards,

Steve
Herbie's Audio Lab

Fugazi

« Reply #2 on: 30 Jan 2012, 06:02 am »
Thanks! I wish I could do everything you suggested all at once, but I will have to do this in stages.
What would be the One thing I should do First to make a noticeable difference?

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
« Reply #3 on: 3 Feb 2012, 02:39 pm »
Toss a coin. If it lands heads, get four Tenderfoot isolation feet for the amp. If the coin lands tails, get four Tenderfoot isolation feet for the CD player. Or, just get four Tenderfoot isolation feet and audition them with your components to find which gives you the most initial impact.

Steve
Herbie's Audio Lab