SP-3/BP-26

drummermitchell

SP-3/BP-26
« on: 16 Apr 2010, 03:15 pm »
Don't know if this has been asked before, as an owner of the bryston BP-26 and that the SP-3 will come in two different versions.
Can the 26 be used with the SP-3 for movies.I'd hate to have to trade my 26 in.

drummermitchell

Re: SP-3/BP-26
« Reply #1 on: 16 Apr 2010, 06:36 pm »
Jeez,thought i'd do a search on the 3.0 thread,can't even find that.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #2 on: 16 Apr 2010, 06:42 pm »
Don't know if this has been asked before, as an owner of the bryston BP-26 and that the SP-3 will come in two different versions.

Hi Don,

The SP3 will have a bypass to allow 2 channel analog stereo similar to the BP26.

james

srb

« Reply #3 on: 16 Apr 2010, 06:43 pm »
This one?  I tried two searches, one for SP-3 and one for SP3, had it search the Bryston Limited circle only, and both returned this one, among others.

SP 3.0?
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=50270.0

Steve

brucek

« Reply #4 on: 16 Apr 2010, 06:45 pm »
Don't really understand the question.

The BP26 is a stereo preamplifier. You will be able to plug the analog stereo output into an SP3 (or SP2 or SP1.7) and listen to stereo music.

If you want to listen to movie soundtracks you will generally use the SP3 digital inputs fed from a DVD or BluRay player or from a DSS set top box.

The SP3 is no different than any other processor in that regard.

The SP3 thread is here

brucek

drummermitchell

« Reply #5 on: 16 Apr 2010, 07:01 pm »
Yes,thanks guys.That's what I needed to hear,don't want to give up the 26,and I also like the movie side of things. So,I can run the 26 thru the 3.0,have the best of both,Bonus.                            Now we wait for fall christmaaaas,crap,it's not even spring yet and I'm already looking for fall :o..
« Last Edit: 17 Apr 2010, 03:14 am by drummermitchell »

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #6 on: 17 Apr 2010, 08:24 am »
Yes,thanks guys.That's what I needed to hear,don't want to give up the 26,and I also like the movie side of things. So,I can run the 26 thru the 3.0,have the best of both,Bonus.                            Now we wait for fall christmaaaas,crap,it's not even spring yet and I'm already looking for fall :o..

...i know what you are talking about, drummer. i would call it the BRYSTONGREED. :lol:

al.

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #7 on: 17 Apr 2010, 11:19 am »
haha. Bryston is a healthy addiction, I'd say.  8)

drummermitchell

« Reply #8 on: 17 Apr 2010, 02:52 pm »
Guys,Bryston definately stirs up the emotional side,draws you in wanting more for sure.
Which reminds me, I'd better set a date to sends the 28s in for a slight upgrade,kinda like polishing a mirror to hear a little more of our music desires,I'd better go,Making contact(Bruce Cockburn),
is a calling,simple,punchy,takes me somewhere almost unknown,of course it doen't matter where as it's a very safe and musical journey,anyway guys Enjoy the weekend,she' in the 20s hear in Alberta
calm and clear skies.Spin a few tunes and outside we go.......later 8).

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #9 on: 17 Apr 2010, 10:58 pm »
Guys,Bryston definately stirs up the emotional side,draws you in wanting more for sure.
Which reminds me, I'd better set a date to sends the 28s in for a slight upgrade,kinda like polishing a mirror to hear a little more of our music desires,I'd better go,Making contact(Bruce Cockburn),
is a calling,simple,punchy,takes me somewhere almost unknown,of course it doen't matter where as it's a very safe and musical journey,anyway guys Enjoy the weekend,she' in the 20s hear in Alberta
calm and clear skies.Spin a few tunes and outside we go.......later 8).

Of course! Cool, have yourself a good weekend too.