Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
Re: A new servo sub going to the show
« Reply #20 on: 5 Oct 2012, 11:31 am »
I hope that's our 3M carbon fiber vinyl wrap!  :green:

pureiso

« Reply #21 on: 5 Oct 2012, 06:27 pm »
Thank you for the prompt reply. Those prices are very reasonable! In the picture it appears that the cabinet is smaller than the UFW-12, if the speakers are of equivalent size, and the cut out for the amp appears to be bigger. Can you give the dimensions on those? I know a good carpenter who could modify  the box to make it work. Its already lined with No-Rez I obtained from Skiing Ninja. Would the larger box  negatively influence performance?

It would not be optimal, and that is a pretty big deal for getting a smooth response from a subwoofer.  However, it would be easy enough to reduce the interior volume by adding additional bracing or even separating the area where the amp is located from the actually volume of the box.

Just a bit of a thought.  Easy to do that while modifying the rest of the enclosure.

mgalusha

« Reply #22 on: 5 Oct 2012, 08:01 pm »
Nice Danny! :thumb:

Looks a lot like my design. :green:

Best,

Ruben

I was sure you built this, since I know that look well. :)

skeeter99

« Reply #23 on: 9 Oct 2012, 02:25 am »
Oh my that thing is just sick! If it sounds as good as it looks I'm sure it's just a killer combo. I wish I had skills to build like that. Nice work as always Ruben  :thumb:

Scott

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
« Reply #24 on: 9 Oct 2012, 08:23 pm »
I was sure you built this, since I know that look well. :)

Nope, wasn't me. :)

Oh my that thing is just sick! If it sounds as good as it looks I'm sure it's just a killer combo. I wish I had skills to build like that. Nice work as always Ruben  :thumb:

Scott

Thanks Scott!
Hey man, I've seen some of your DIY projects. With a little bit of practice I'm sure you could "build like this".  :beer:

Best,

Ruben

Here's a pair without the grilles attached. Not sure why the color washed out? I probably had the camera on the wrong setting.  :lol:

mykyll2727

« Reply #25 on: 9 Oct 2012, 11:58 pm »
Ruben,

I just have to commend you on your work. Awesome really. I love everything I've seen of yours. I wish I had the skills and means to do stuff like that as I'd just love to able to refinish the all of my speakers just the way I want. As it is I'll just admire yours.

Michael

skeeter99

« Reply #26 on: 10 Oct 2012, 04:34 am »
Nope, wasn't me. :)

Thanks Scott!
Hey man, I've seen some of your DIY projects. With a little bit of practice I'm sure you could "build like this".  :beer:

Best,

Ruben

Here's a pair without the grilles attached. Not sure why the color washed out? I probably had the camera on the wrong setting.  :lol:

Those look awesome! I like the way my SuperPensils turned out, some of my other stuff, not so much but thank you!

HT cOz

« Reply #27 on: 10 Oct 2012, 02:42 pm »
Those are off the hook good looking.  Here is some more pics to drool over!  Can you even imagine how good these would look together!

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
« Reply #28 on: 10 Oct 2012, 04:59 pm »
Thanks Robert. :D

IMO, this design is an even better match for those subs (given the same color scheme). This one is finished in a matte black and charcoal leatherette. I displayed both of these N3 designs and one of my GR/Rythmik subs at RMAF last year. It was a lot of fun! :thumb:

This is a picture of the same pair you posted, but it shows the detail a little better.

Danny,

Do you mind me posting this stuff in your thread?

Thanks,

Ruben

Danny Richie

« Reply #29 on: 11 Oct 2012, 04:07 pm »
Danny,

Do you mind me posting this stuff in your thread?

Thanks,

Ruben

Someone might see those great looking pics and want to order some.  :thumb:

Danny Richie

« Reply #30 on: 11 Oct 2012, 04:09 pm »
Hey, that sub and two others are for sale. Show specials....

jparkhur

« Reply #31 on: 11 Oct 2012, 05:29 pm »
Danny,

How much are the subs?  Do they have to be taken from Colorado/Denver or will you ship when you get home.

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
« Reply #32 on: 11 Oct 2012, 06:25 pm »
Someone might see those great looking pics and want to order some.  :thumb:

Thanks!

Unfortunately, the pictures are NOT for sale. :green:

Ruben

Backside. :D