RGPC upgrade

cementhead

RGPC upgrade
« on: 8 Nov 2019, 10:33 pm »
 I currently have a RGPC 600 that I am planning to upgrade the stock outlets, and other upgrades also. My question and I am not sure if this is the place to ask, is, should the daisy chain wiring be eliminated and what is attached to the center outlet, wired across the positive to the neutral posts? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!! :D

cementhead

Re: RGPC upgrade
« Reply #1 on: 11 Nov 2019, 10:12 pm »
Nobody??...

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: 11 Nov 2019, 10:17 pm »
Total waste of money IMO

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #3 on: 11 Nov 2019, 10:26 pm »
Total waste of money IMO
I second that.

cementhead

« Reply #4 on: 12 Nov 2019, 12:17 pm »
Hmmm, perhaps I will re-think this project...

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #5 on: 12 Nov 2019, 01:20 pm »
Richard Grey Power Company...
Just the clarify what RGPC actually is...   
The device may benefit from upgraded AC connectors. However the images of the device I have seen shows it with square AC outlet bits. And none of the aftermarket AC duplex have square fronts. However if you are in UK or EU  or someplace with non-USA you can probably find good AC connector bits for your device.
Just to mention there are two 'opposing' notions around A.C. about the efficacy of upgrading AC power bits. Most here, seem to adhere to the wire is just wire, and and other than measurable standards there can be no difference, and then there are those who find many differences.
Since this site has far more wire is wire sort of guys, the three other responses are pretty much a no brainer writing it is a waste of time.   
I, on the other hand, write that I replaced all the duplex outlets in my large power conditioner and my regenerator with Furtech GTX-D duplex. So GTX-D Gold, some GTX-D NCF Rhodium. All tols I added 17 Furutech duplex to the system AC. Was it worth it? yes. Would I do it again? yes.
I have no idea if your Richard Grey conditioner is worth upgrading.. The AC outlets usually are worth upgrading *keep the original bits, then if you sell it, you can put them back,)

As for the little gizmo on the backof the outlet? it is most certainly a filter, and should be placed in the same orientation as it was originally. I have several in the Furman REF20 conditioner, and pt them back on the new outlets same way as on original.
 I also would not change the wiring arrangement inside the device,
« Last Edit: 13 Nov 2019, 01:48 pm by Elizabeth »

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 12 Nov 2019, 02:07 pm »
Hmmm, perhaps I will re-think this project...
Smart decision.  I've owned many RGPC products over the years.  It's really a waste of money that will not yield any objective result.  If you're into tweaking, get REW (free) and some GIK room treatments and tweak away with something that will actually yield a positive objective result. 

https://www.roomeqwizard.com/

https://www.gikacoustics.com/

cementhead

« Reply #7 on: 30 Dec 2019, 03:17 pm »
And an update.. I appreciated Elizabeth's post and probably went a little over board. I replaced the IEC with a Furutech, added a Homemade DH Labs Red Wave PC, Upgraded the internal wiring, added a SR black fuse and installed 3 different outlets for experimentation purposes. A SR Teslaplex, a SR Black and a Furutech NCF. I've noticed a big difference in clarity, midrange sharpness and depth to the soundstage. All and all, I'm satisfied.