Rythmik sub?

Audiobudha

Re: Rythmik sub?
« Reply #20 on: 2 Nov 2009, 08:33 pm »
I bought two F-15's last month and I love them. You can find my review on AVSforum.com.

From a musical perspective the Rythmik Audio F-15 has allowed the midranges and tweeters in my Hale Designs T-5's to reach heights I've never heard before. My set-up sounds like Vandersteen 5-A on steroids. Just an incredible musical experience!  :thumb:

Nuance

« Reply #21 on: 2 Nov 2009, 09:57 pm »
^ Considering the Vandersteen 5A's are the best speakers I've ever heard, I'd say that's pretty amazing!  I have not heard of the Hale Designs T-5's.  Do you have a link to some literature on them?  Thanks.

vintagebob

« Reply #22 on: 2 Nov 2009, 10:00 pm »
^ Considering the Vandersteen 5A's are the best speakers I've ever heard, I'd say that's pretty amazing!  I have not heard of the Hale Designs T-5's.  Do you have a link to some literature on them?  Thanks.

http://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/699hales/

Nuance

« Reply #23 on: 2 Nov 2009, 10:49 pm »
Cool, thank you, Bob.  Oh, and enjoy your GTG at Kirk's later this week.  He's a good guy.

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #24 on: 3 Nov 2009, 12:07 am »
God, I wish you guys could come to a rave!!
you would so get it!!

One of you Salk guys has got to commit to a rave, I would love to get Nuance to a rave... he would have a blast

see the humor..and the fun.
it's just audio

Mike

I might come to a rave, depending on the date and location.  Are you referring to a NYAR rave?  Is this an invitation?

topround

« Reply #25 on: 3 Nov 2009, 12:27 am »
Check the NYAR rave circle for the list of dates.
Next one is this Saturday featuring a Salk HT3 and a Salk HT2 TL.
Both in Bubinga!  In Staten Island.

Anyone and everyone is invited and encouraged to come to a rave!
The door is always open.
Just let the host know so he can be sure of the food, bring beer or wine or your favorite beverage.

Mike

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
« Reply #26 on: 3 Nov 2009, 12:30 am »

The door is always open.
Just let the host know so he can be sure of the food, bring beer or wine or your favorite beverage.

Mike

I will try to make one soon.  I can stop in Bridgeport on my way down and visit some old buddies.  :o

Does Ed Crammer attend these raves?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #27 on: 3 Nov 2009, 12:31 am »
I bought two F-15's last month and I love them. You can find my review on AVSforum.com.

From a musical perspective the Rythmik Audio F-15 has allowed the midranges and tweeters in my Hale Designs T-5's to reach heights I've never heard before. My set-up sounds like Vandersteen 5-A on steroids. Just an incredible musical experience!  :thumb:

WOW!!!

George

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #28 on: 3 Nov 2009, 12:31 am »

The door is always open.

Mike

I will try to make one soon.  I can stop in Bridgeport on my way down and visit some old buddies.  :o

Does Ed Crammer attend these raves?

Maybe we can carpool down for Phil's annual holiday bash in December?

George

Nuance

« Reply #29 on: 3 Nov 2009, 12:54 am »
How come all the fun happens on the East Coast?  Maybe I need to move...  :)

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
« Reply #30 on: 3 Nov 2009, 01:53 am »
Maybe we can carpool down for Phil's annual holiday bash in December?

George

George:

That would be great with me. 

I looked at the NYAR circle but didn't see a date for Phil's Christmas Holiday.

topround

« Reply #31 on: 3 Nov 2009, 02:01 am »
Dates tend to be set a little closer tot he actual rave.
We try to be flexible, to accommodate others schedules.
Sometimes we have polls to see what Saturday would suit most people.

Phil's would be an excellent rave to attend!

JohnR

« Reply #32 on: 3 Nov 2009, 02:07 am »
Too late...been there, done that...(levi destroyed the evidence, er I mean the pictures...)

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=20446.0    :thumb: :green:

Actually, the problem is that the image links are in a very old format (three generations ago) and I haven't put in the proper redirects. I thought I had covered all the bases in the last move but I guess not. I'll look into it. In the meantime the album in question is here:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=598

oneinthepipe

• Trainee

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
« Reply #34 on: 3 Nov 2009, 02:29 am »

Hardly, but you should move anyway.  :wink: 

Kinfolk said Jed move away from there
Said Californy is the place you ought to be
So they loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly.
Hills, that is.
Swimmin pools, movie stars.

Mudslide

« Reply #35 on: 3 Nov 2009, 03:35 am »

"ALL THE FUN"??  Well, I never..... :cuss:   :nono:

WEST COAST, baby!!  Ain't got this on the right side of the continent....   aa  (Sorry, I couldn't help but rub it in a little.)

Nuance

« Reply #36 on: 3 Nov 2009, 05:07 am »
LOL!  You guys are too cool.

Audiobudha

« Reply #37 on: 3 Nov 2009, 11:57 pm »

FWIW I meant to say C-5 and not T-5. Here is a link to provide you with some basic information on Paul Hales. Unfortunately he sold his company several years ago, then tried to buy it back and then ended up going to work in the commercial speaker business.

Interesting story... back in 2000 I got up early one Saturday and made a map of all the audiophile stores in the Atlanta area. I jumped in the car with my wife and the search was on. We easily put over 100 miles on the odometer searching for just the right speaker. It was getting late in the afternoon and we were way on the west side of town at a Vandersteen dealership. We listened to the 5A's and my wife was in awe. She said they were the first speakers she'd heard all day that truly moved her. We had listened to some serious high-end gear that was more expensive that the 5A's. At the time I didn't feel like caughing up $9K for speakers, so I passed. We left the show room heart broken. It was getting late in the afternoon and I had one more dealer on my list, so I called the owner and told him I had just listened to the most amazing speaker and he politely asked me what it was and I told him. He asked me what my budget was and I told him. He said I want you to come in and listen to a speaker by Paul Hales. He had the room all set-up the time we got there. My wife and I sat on the sofa and listened for about 30 minutes. I kept asking the store owner, "Are you sure these are in my price range?" They were as detailed, transparent and artiulate as the 5A's, they just lacked the active woofer to provde the powerful bottom end that was so prevalent in the 5A's. I listened to some good Linn speakers, but they couldn't compare to the C-5's, so I bought them and haven't looked back since. I will never part with them and now that I have the impact of two subwoofers it brings them in line with the 5A's IMO.

Over time I will more than likely start another listening room, but I'll go wildly divergent... perhaps experimenting with an open baffle design, radiator tweeter, stat, or something else entirely.

http://www.stereophile.com/interviews/117/

Nuance

« Reply #38 on: 4 Nov 2009, 02:18 am »
Great story, Audiobudha.  There is nothing like putting in the work and time with the end result being a true reward. 

Oh, and the 5A's cost $17,995, not $9,000.  :)

I am off to read the Stereophile link you provided.  Thanks!

ServerAdmin

« Reply #39 on: 4 Nov 2009, 03:30 pm »
Too late...been there, done that...(levi destroyed the evidence, er I mean the pictures...)

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=20446.0    :thumb: :green:

This is fixed now. Thx