Rocky Mountain Audio Festival!

modwright

« on: 26 Sep 2004, 05:39 pm »
ModWright will be showing at the Rocky Mountain Audio Festival AND at T.H.E. Show in Las Vegas.

I am proud to say that Ron Welbourne will be using the ModWright  Universal Truth modified Denon 5900 in his system at the Rocky Mountain Audio Festival.

ModWright's Lineup:

ModWright SWL 9.0SE Linestage Preamp.

ModWright Sony 999ES with Platinum Signature Mods.

Digital Source Isolation = Dodd Audio Levitator platform.

Channel Islands VMB-100 Digital Monoblocks.

GR-Research 'Dilucio' MTM monitors and Subwoofer.

Cabling by Revelation Audio Labs.

Power conditioning by 'Power Wing' - Audio Excellence AZ.

I don't have pictures available yet and I am finallizing the chassis for the new preamp.  My goal for this show is to assemble a system that most Audiophiles can afford, that represents TRUE REFERENCE level performance.  We have shown in the past with cost-no-object (it's all relative of course) gear and have had excellent sound, but this time I wanted to show that we could do the same without breaking the bank.

Every manufacturer that we have chosen to show with, represents in my opinion, exceptional performance AND exceptional value.  I am excited about the show and look forward to seeing you all there.

Thanks,

Dan W.

Cyberbod

RMAF
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2004, 01:41 am »
I'll be there. Looking forward to meeting you Dan. Anyone else going? :beer:

mgalusha

Re: RMAF
« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2004, 02:08 am »
Quote from: Cyberbod
I'll be there. Looking forward to meeting you Dan. Anyone else going? :beer:

See this thread: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=12715

mjalazard

« Reply #3 on: 7 Oct 2004, 10:47 am »
Hey Dan,
I'll be at the THE Show this January as well.  We'll be at the San Tropez Hotel under NFS Audio (Not For Sale).  I'll have your Universal- Truth Modified Denon DVD 2900 as one source, along with a VPI MK IV turntable; modified Sonic Frontiers Signature line and phono stages; Marchand crossover; highly-modified Adcom amps; and a pair of Apogee Mini-grand speakers.  We're there just to play music and enjoy the show.  Bring some discs!!!
Mike

audiojerry

« Reply #4 on: 7 Oct 2004, 12:35 pm »
Very interesting announcement, mjalazard. You list what I guess is a very personalized system made up of individually chosen components. Can I assume that this is your own system for which you have taken great pride in creating? What is your motivation for going to what I would guess is considerable expense to demonstrate a system that is "not for sale"?
Where do you hail from, btw, and welcome to the Circle.

Quote from: mjalazard
Hey Dan,
I'll be at the THE Show this January as well.  We'll be at the San Tropez Hotel under NFS Audio (Not For Sale).  I'll have your Universal- Truth Modified Denon DVD 2900 as one source, along with a VPI MK IV turntable; modified Sonic Frontiers Signature line and phono stages; Marchand crossover; highly-modified Adcom amps; and a pair of Apogee Mini-grand speakers.  We're there just to play music and enjoy the show.  Bring some discs!!!
Mike

mjalazard

« Reply #5 on: 8 Oct 2004, 03:47 am »
You're absolutely right.  I close freind and I are doing it for the pure joy of listening to music with no hype.  All are welcome and all music is OK.  Just think of it as a break from all the HIFI show pressure.  We both live in Las Vegas and with the hotel bill split, it's not too bad...if we can only figure out how to deduct it.

modwright

Sounds like Fun!
« Reply #6 on: 23 Oct 2004, 08:42 pm »
I just saw this post?!

Sounds like a good time.  I will have to drop by!

Thanks,

Dan

mjalazard

THE Show 2006
« Reply #7 on: 13 Nov 2005, 07:49 am »
Hey Dan,
Will you be at the 2006 THE Show.
We'de love to see you again!
Anton & Mike
NFS Audio

modwright

Not at T.H.E. Show, but at CES!
« Reply #8 on: 18 Nov 2005, 03:38 am »
We are showing with Penaudio and Channel Islands at CES, not T.H.E. Show this year.

Thanks, see you there.

Dan