RS Cables Silver ICs

nonoise

• A republic, if you can keep it.
RS Cables Silver ICs
« on: 18 May 2008, 08:39 pm »
This is my first review of a interconnect, here, and my first using a silver conductor.
My system consists of a Red Wine Audio Signature 30.2, RWA 3S Source Selector  (passive),
Hornshoppe Horns, Consonance CD-120 (non-over/up sampling, digital filterless, no op-amps)
and Mapleshade Clearview speaker cables. Herbie's products underlie everything I have, even
the speakers.
50 hours are recommended for the cables to settle in but as of 15+ hours, they are keepers.
At the 10-12 hr mark, they equaled and in most areas, surpassed my Mapleshade Ribbons, and
continue to impress. Tells and clues to their 'signature' disappear as time goes by, leaving me
with, what seems to be, a system with no ICs at all. Images appear further out into my room
in the most realistic manner that at times, startles me.
All was not good at first, as they smeared the sound a bit and the focus was all over the place:
okay here and now, next, not. Hmmm? The only thing they had, right out of the box, was
leading edge detail and sibilance of a most natural kind. Those two properties kept me at it
for hours plus listening until I started to hear improvement at the 10 hour mark. Then they took
a big leap forward and will not allow me the luxury of looking back.
There seems to be a symbiotic relationship with my system and these ICs. Being 'off the grid' with
the RWA Sig 30.2 the music always came from a black background, revealing everything in the
recording. Or so I thought. The Mapleshade Ribbons imparted a sheen of sorts that gave the
impression of air. A very slight sheen, but one nonetheless. Now the music comes at me from
total blackness, allowing me to hear so much farther into the recording. I'm hearing so much
more musical info that the realism is transformed, energizing my room, even below what I
consider sane listening levels. This is spooky good stuff.
It's strange the way one's ears become accustomed to hearing one way and then introduced to
something different that, at first, seems disconcerting, yet upon further listening, relaxes the mind
and lets one really enjoy the music. I now hear deeper, tighter, focused bass (out of 3.5" drivers!)
and have stopped using my sub as it slows down and smears the music. Highs are ever so airy and extended with such long and sweet decay. Everything has changed for the better, and in no small margin.
The cables themselves are simple, yet elegant looking, imparting a jewel-like look. Eichmann Bullet
Plugs are standard and the silver cables use a virgin (how do they keep making them?) teflon dielectric that have the usual twists to impart minimal RFI rejection. They start at 1/2 meter lengths (actually,
a generous 20"-21" length) and go for $99! With a 30 day, no question return policy (as long as they
still look new) but a 20% restocking fee, I had to try them.
Glad I did.
Richard, the proprietor, can be reached at rscables.com if you have any questions that would likely
be beyond my ken as I just really love these for the sound, not the science.

nonoise

Priest546

Re: RS Cables Silver ICs
« Reply #1 on: 23 Apr 2009, 05:04 am »
hi this is my first post as a member in this forum and this the first topic that i read in this forum and i am impress to the work of it.,.