Spatial M3 Triode Master

Emil

Re: Spatial M3 Triode Master
« Reply #160 on: 27 Nov 2018, 08:25 pm »
Vkohl

Don't you think you're being a bit harsh? Not on the main stream media being totally corrupt which it is but on Spatial Audio?

I'm sure if you broke down the cost of many high end speakers you'd be just as upset.

As Wushuliu said, it's what it takes to keep the doors open. The consumer will ultimately decide.

jncWAGS

« Reply #161 on: 28 Nov 2018, 11:24 am »
ANY ONE WANT TO ADDRESS THIS ?

So how do you expect people to take you serious? so you sound like you were really blown away buy these incredible cheap and terrible sounding speakers what a shame you have probably helped someone as clueless as you waste their money on bad sound. Did you not notice as soon as you saw the speakers in the M3 they were stamped frames??? That is a sign of cheap drivers but your a millennial so you don't know that. The M3 are a joke to be quite honest i feel sorry for anyone that likes the sound of the M3 due to having never heard good sound but don't assume what your hearing is good your not a Audiophile so give it up and admit you have terrible taste and zero knowledge about speakers & sound.

The compression drivers in the M3 are the cheapest worst sounding 1" compression drivers their are they are the K mart blue light drivers of the speaker world LMFAO. Ok the 15" coaxial is actually two different brands the 15" frame is a Eminence it is a Beta 12cx and it is $79.99 at u guessed it US speakers   http://www.usspeaker.com/beta12cx-1.htm It is a coaxial but takes a screw on 1" driver witch means you can use any 1" screw on driver you like you could even use a bolt on 1" driver with a screw on adapter.  Now this is were it gets really funny the 1" compression driver Spatial uses is one of the cheapest made it is a china made P-Audio BM-D440s and it is a whopping $79.95 at you guessed it US speaker http://www.usspeaker.com/paudio%20bmd440Sseries%20ii-1.htm

The lower 15" in the M3 is a Eminence Delta 12LFA and it is $79.00 at US speakers  http://www.usspeaker.com/Delta-12LFA-1.htm   So your talking about $490.00 in drivers for the M3 and that is our cost.  Spatial i am sure only have less than half that invested in each M3 after buying the drivers in bulk.  Your review for these terrible sounding speakers was just glowing really made me laugh. Out of all the 15" coaxial speakers there are you liked the cheapest worst sounding combo on the planet. a similar designed  Modified Altec Lansing 604's and 605's would embarrass these M3 and those Altec have been around since the 1940's as would a similar designed speaker using Radian 15" coaxial or Beyma, Faital Pro, B & C . With so many really really nice sounding  15" coaxial drivers available why would Spatial use inferior Eminence & P-Audio drivers. Well we all know the answer Spatial is buying the cheapest thing out their and selling them for way way way more than should ever be allowed.

Interesting about the drivers. Heck, look at Klipsch Cornwall III's. Same thing....about $500 in drivers (maybe), $4000+ retail. Speakers have HUGE mark up. God bless Clayton as an entrepreneur. BTW, I've been intrigued by Spatial speakers, but have never listened to them.

Birdbrain

« Reply #162 on: 3 Apr 2019, 03:06 am »
My M3 Triode Masters arrived this afternoon. They sound incredible, powered by an Audio by Van Alstine Vision SET120 amp. Frank Van Alstine says the amp is probably putting out around 50w/channel into the 12 ohm load. Way more than enough power. That these speakers are going to improve with break in seems almost unbelievable. Thanks, Clayton!

sumoking

« Reply #163 on: 3 Apr 2019, 05:32 am »
If Clayton has $700 in parts and $400 in labor and
makes $1,500 to pay for overhead and profit then god bless him.
He has only made amazing sounding speakers that blows away
the competition allowing him to make some money to reinvest
and designed a higher quality line to keep evolving the brand.
Beautiful business plan!
Go Clayton!

musicdre

• reality is the base
    • art site
« Reply #164 on: 18 Apr 2019, 11:41 am »

that post was classic trolling.  dont feed the troll.

Oh I see, you were just looking for an excuse to spout whatever kool-aid you're slurping off your social media feed. Next few months are gonna be rough for you. Better short that Facebook stock.

aniwolfe

« Reply #165 on: 24 May 2019, 06:16 pm »
First Post here. Recently I bought a new pair of M3 TriodeMasters in White. I have never heard a boxless cone driven speaker system before and I have been very curious about Spatials for a while now. So far from what I am hearing is very impressive. However, they still need more break-in for probably a week or 2. When I fired them up for the first time, I can tell they were different enough from what I had previously owned (Tekton Electron w/upgrade package). They had that 3d sound that is so engaging.

As the break-in has progressed, they as expected sound smoother, more open and bass is tighter. I am powering them with a Lyngdorf 2170 and I can tell you that this pairing works very well. The Bass performance on the TriodeMasters are for sure on a different level compared to the Tektons. Meaning I can hear the bass notes clearly define, which was my biggest issue I had with the Electrons. I love hearing bass guitar notes that are not some bloated congested boom. Bass seems louder on the Spatials as well, more dynamic punch. I love hearing the bass drum beater on the bass skin. I am a drummer so its important for a speaker to portray a drumset well.

Midrange with the Spatials is more natural and slightly more transparent compared to the Tektons. Highs are much more to my liking. Cymbals sound more realistic, they have this smooth shimmer about them that is very appealing. I do appreciate this aspect so much, since I suffer from Tinnitus and Hyperacusis.

Soundstage is more expansive, imaging is much better. You can locate individual notes in the soundfield easier. I felt the Tektons were too congested in comparison. The Tekton did have more height, which is expected since they are taller. But overall the Spatials scale sounds bigger, more dynamic and are Amazing at low volume levels. Magnepans I just recently heard sounded very dull and flat at low volume.

I can't relate to owning a speaker that needs to be cranked to sound good, just not something I can ever be happy with. The Tektons did sound good at low volume, however the Spatials are even better.

So from what I can tell, if you like a speaker that has a Holographic presentation, non-fatiguing, natural sound with dynamic bass, this is a great option. For $4000 I haven't heard a speaker that sounds this good to me. For $3100 the Electrons are good, but the M3 TM sound much better to me for less than $1000 more. Goes to show you how important it is to experience new things for yourself with your equipment in your environment. Give them a try if you haven't already. Oh and thanks Clayton for making these!
« Last Edit: 29 May 2019, 09:56 pm by aniwolfe »

Wind Chaser

« Reply #166 on: 24 May 2019, 06:53 pm »
...the Spatials scale sounds bigger, more dynamic and are Amazing at low volume levels. Magnepans I just recently heard sounded very dull and flat at low volume.

I haven’t heard Maggies in many years, which model are you referring to? 

aniwolfe

« Reply #167 on: 24 May 2019, 07:40 pm »
I haven’t heard Maggies in many years, which model are you referring to?

I recently heard back to back the .7 and 1.7i's. Nice speaker, just need to be played loud.

morganc

« Reply #168 on: 29 May 2019, 04:31 pm »
First Post here. Recently I bought a new pair of M3 TriodeMasters in White. I have never heard a boxless cone driven speaker system before and I have been very curious about Spatials for a while now. So far from what I am hearing is very impressive. However, they still need more break-in for probably a week or 2. When I fired them up for the first time, I can tell they were different enough from what I had previously owned (Tekton Electron w/upgrade package). They had that 3d sound that is so engaging.

As the break-in has progressed, they as expected sound smoother, more open and bass is tighter. I am powering them with a Lyngdorf 2170 and I can tell you that this pairing works very well. The Bass performance on the TriodeMasters are for sure on a different level compared to the Tektons. Meaning I can hear the bass notes clearly define, which was my biggest issue I had with the Electrons. I love hearing bass guitar notes that are not some bloated congested boom. Bass seems louder on the Spatials as well, more dynamic punch. I love hearing the bass drum beater on the bass skin. I am a drummer so its important for a speaker to portray a drumset well.

Midrange with the Spatials is more natural and slightly more transparent compared to the Tektons. Highs are much more to my liking. Cymbals sound more realistic, they have this smooth shimmer about them that is very appealing. I do appreciate this aspect so much, since I suffer from Tinnitus and Hyperacusis.

Soundstage is more expansive, imaging is much better. You can locate individual notes in the soundfield easier. I felt the Tektons were to congested in comparison. The Tekton did have more height, which is expected since they are taller. But overall the Spatials scale sounds bigger, more dynamic and are Amazing at low volume levels. Magnepans I just recently heard sounded very dull and flat at low volume.

I can't relate to owning a speaker that needs to be cranked to sound good, just not something I can ever be happy with. The Tektons did sound good at low volume, however the Spatials are even better.

So from what I can tell, if you like a speaker that has a Holographic presentation, non-fatiguing, natural sound with dynamic bass, this is a great option. For $4000 I haven't heard a speaker that sounds this good to me. For $3100 the Electrons are good, but the M3 TM sound much better to me for less than $1000 more. Goes to show you how important it is to experience new things for yourself with your equipment in your environment. Give them a try if you haven't already. Oh and thanks Clayton for making these!

Thank you for the comparison to the Electrons....I'm waiting for someone upgrading to an X Series to offer me a screaming deal on a red pai of M3TM :).

mreeter

« Reply #169 on: 29 May 2019, 05:12 pm »
Thank you for the comparison to the Electrons....I'm waiting for someone upgrading to an X Series to offer me a screaming deal on a red pai of M3TM :).

Don't know how "screaming" it is, but here you go

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649525015-spatial-audio-triode-master-special-edition/

morganc

« Reply #170 on: 29 May 2019, 05:31 pm »
That's more like a whisper !  But thank u.