threadkiller

Re: Alignment Issue on Amadeus (?)
« Reply #121 on: 2 Aug 2012, 05:27 am »
That's not the Amadeus protractor.  :duh:

tricka

« Reply #122 on: 2 Aug 2012, 06:28 am »
Guys
I mucked around today with the headshell angle setting it to 19, then back to 9 and then half way - 14 or so. I left it there. Finally shifted it back to 19 and - yup - that is where it sounds best to me. Errr - so I was talking rubbish  :duh: 19 o is fuller with more "air".

And that is the end of my mucking around with head shell angles  :roll: :roll:

Happy listening every one.

ps today I have had a renovated 33/303 classic amp combo for a trial: its not in the same class as the Leben but sure has drive and punch. Not bad for a 40 year old amp. Could happily live with it. And may yet.

Great fun.
« Last Edit: 2 Aug 2012, 11:11 am by tricka »

threadkiller

« Reply #123 on: 2 Aug 2012, 02:26 pm »
Good to hear... Plus at least you know you're not deaf... :lol:

Mike Pranka

• Facilitator
« Reply #124 on: 2 Aug 2012, 03:27 pm »
James and Andrew-

None of my comment regarding anonymous sniping had anything at all to do with either of you. Only one anonymous person made an unnecessary comment regarding the "principals of WTL".. Both of you are enthusiastic actual owners of the Amadeus and are certainly not anonymous to me. Sorry for the confusion.

I have the new headshell alignment guide. It's not up on the site just yet, though.
Anyone who would like a copy of the file- email me at: info@dynavector-usa.com

Mike

wahaha

« Reply #125 on: 4 Aug 2012, 05:17 am »
Hi, Mike. I have send email to you yesterday. Please send me one copy of headshell alignment guide, thank you.

drubin

« Reply #126 on: 7 Aug 2012, 10:42 pm »
None of my comment regarding anonymous sniping had anything at all to do with either of you. Only one anonymous person made an unnecessary comment regarding the "principals of WTL".. Both of you are enthusiastic actual owners of the Amadeus and are certainly not anonymous to me. Sorry for the confusion.

Mike

That's right, Mike's comments were directed at me and I'm quite mystified by them.  I'm not anonymous -- you can PM me.  What else would you like to know?  You are correct, Mike, that I'm not a loyal current customer, but I was on the verge of purchasing an Amadeus and an XX2. Are only current customers allowed here? In any case, after this hostility from you, which I feel was uncalled for, I'm not so sure about the purchase. 

Mike Pranka

• Facilitator
« Reply #127 on: 8 Aug 2012, 01:20 pm »
I wrote this:

"Anonymous sniping regarding the principals (or even principles..) of WTL I find to be rude and unnecessary."

I found your comment rude, unnecessary and unconstructive. Posting such an observation is hardly "hostile". You may not care for my observation, but there is certainly no hostility intended by it. If all of us reading this were in a room talking about turntables and you chimed in with your comment, I wouldn't have ignored it.. and would have addressed it without hostility toward you personally. If you feel I've been hostile toward you, though, then I apologize. I believe (perhaps foolishly) that all of us can and should communicate on a forum same as we would face to face. I'll make an effort to do better with that.

It's plain that WTL ownership is not required for use of this forum. Because of their ownership, I've had direct communication with and know the (actual) names of some of the folks who use the forum.. that's all.

Best wishes,

Mike

sebrof

« Reply #128 on: 10 Dec 2014, 01:20 pm »
Forgive me for resurrecting this very old thread but while researching turntables before my recent Amadeus MKII purchase I read a few threads in this forum that left me with questions. So fast forward a couple of years from this thread's previous end for the current situation regarding the alignment so that anyone looking to purchase a new WTL table might be un-confused.

The Amadeus MKII manual available on the WTL website includes a protractor that says 19 degrees. I printed it to scale and used it to check alignment from the factory, it was spot on.
So no need to rack your brain, no need to eMail anyone for the proper protractor, easy peasy.

sph

« Reply #129 on: 26 Dec 2014, 11:12 am »
There are many tonearm/cartridge alignment calculators available online.
For a 10.5 inch arm the off-set angle is about 20 degrees. So the 19 degrees isn't far off.

Cheers