Attn. Australian members - need some help

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« on: 20 Jul 2005, 03:22 am »
Greetings,
 I am looking for some help here. I receive several inquiries about many of our custom and/or exclusive products from Australian audiophiles. I have in fact built and shipped a few products to the land down under already.

What I am looking for is a repair facilty that would be able to handle any warranty work that may arise. The most common question I receive is how the warranty is handled as nobody would want to send a product back to the states for what could be a simple $2 part and half hour of work.

Does anybody have someone they could recommend that might be willing and able to perform diagnostics and repair on tube amplifiers? If I could find a reliable facility that was willing to make some type of arrangements, I could set many minds to ease. Maybe they could handle New Zealand also?

My hopes are that they would never need to be called upon but it would ne nice to have someone on hand.

Your thoughts and referrals would be greatly appreciated.
 Thank you for your time.

AKSA

« Reply #1 on: 21 Jul 2005, 06:18 am »
Hi Bill,

I might be able to help.  I know a very experienced, healthy 68 year old who is always looking for work and is FAST.  

His work and diagnostic skills are outstanding.  I will give him a ring.

He's in Melbourne, and ran a repair business for some years in a rural setting.  He's also been involved training technicians.

Cheers,

Hugh

Bails

« Reply #2 on: 21 Jul 2005, 09:46 am »
You may wish to consider Patrick Turner, at Turner Audio (www.turneraudio.com.au), located in Canberra. He manufactures and repairs tube amps and is well regarded.

AKSA

« Reply #3 on: 1 Aug 2005, 10:54 pm »
Hi Bill,

Any progress on this one?  Anyone lined up Downunder?

Cheers,

Hugh

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #4 on: 2 Aug 2005, 03:56 am »
Hello Hugh,
  I am actually working on this one now. I just finished up establishing a facility in New Zealand. I will contact a few of those recommended here on this thread as well as follow up with some of my current Australian customers for their input. I will keep the thread updated as I get more information.