Rocket espresso machines

trackball02

Re: Rocket espresso machines
« Reply #20 on: 25 Aug 2020, 02:49 am »

I have the Rocket R60V and love it! It's a joy to have control of the dual boiler temperature and programmable pressure profiles. So far, after almost a year of daily use, there has been no problems except when I got a reading of an empty tank. I called my seller and they suggested pulling and re-inserting the water reservoir. That fixed it, since then no issues.

The manual recommends a once weekly backflush and I use Cafiza, as directed on the container. Don't forget to clean your Porta filter and the grinder hopper and mechanism frequently, to avoid build up of unpleasant tasting oils. There is no recommendation for descaling the Rocket; therefore, I pay attention to the water. I am using a water hardness meter, and use water that is about 60 to 80 ppm TDS.

I have a Rocket Macinatore FAUSTO Grinder. My ultimate goal is to get a pair of grinders, one for dark and the other light roast, and optimize the pressure profile for each grind type.

As for beans, I have found great vendors on EBay, of all places. Great selection, prices and free shipping.

Annieclover2

Re: Rocket espresso machines
« Reply #21 on: 4 Apr 2022, 12:43 am »
I use this along with other Urnex products after watching a variety YouTube videos on regularly maintaining/cleaning the Breville Barista Express 870XL machine. My machine started to perform very poorly after about 12 months of use (1-2 double shots a day). During that period all I was doing was using the cleaning tabs and changing the water filters as instructed. I now use the Cafiza powder to run a cleaning cycle on the machine once a month.